We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

rhode island
Level Contributor
831 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Well, she's here. Almost. This morning we woke up to 40 mile an hours winds and rain. The worst will be tonight for us during full moon/high tide. Storm surge is expected. Our town is encouraging our neighborhood to leave. Not sure what hubby wants to do yet, but making preparations as we speak.

All flights cancelled. Still waiting to see what will happen towards the end of the week. Our flight is not until Friday, but if we lose power, this trip may have to be postponed.

Keep everyone in the storm's path in your thoughts and prayers to keep them safe.

Sandy (NOT the hurricane-Lol)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Thanks for keeping us posted Sandy... we're following the news closely here. Thoughts and prayers are with all in her path. Stay safe and I hope we'll hear a positive update from you in a few days.

Susan

Iowa
Level Contributor
11,277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Love and blessings to you Sandy. Hoping you and yours are safe and your trip will be a much needed respite in paradise.

Edited: 29 October 2012, 11:55
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone during this storm. I'll be thinking of you and sending up prayers for your safety. I'm just sorry that life is being so unfair right now. Deb

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Good luck be safe!

Madison, Alabama
Level Contributor
149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Aloha! Sandy,

I'm watching it right now on TV, and this is no Irene! It looks right now as if all who got out in time will be so glad they did.

Hudson River in NYC has huge surf, believe it or not, and beaches in NJ are covered with water and Sandy (the storm) hasn't even come on shore yet - still 500 miles out!

Prayers for safety being lifted up.

Cumberland, Rhode...
Level Contributor
248 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Stay safe Sandy - gonna be a bumpy ride even for us in the northern part of Rhode Island. This time next week, it will all be a memory for you while enjoying paradise !

Mahalo,

Pat

Edited: 29 October 2012, 14:36
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Anyone traveling back to the East coast from DC north should contact their airline to be rescheduled as all flights are cancelled for the next couple days til Sandy (the storm) blows over.

AA is anticipating a resupmtion of service possibly Thursday.

What a great excuse to stay in paradise a couple extra days.

Mike in Tulsa

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Why is this on the Maui forum? Lots of posts on the forums for East Coast locations, as well as the news media, of course.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

Because it matters to those coming from and going to Hawaii in the next several days.

rhode island
Level Contributor
831 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update to Sandy/Travel East Coast

I'm supposed to travel to Hawaii in 4 short days. My friends on TA asked me to keep them posted, so I did.