We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

Hi, we leave in a few days, I am wondering if I will get any pre-recorded TV programs or movies for free?

Or will I gave to pay, or plan on bringing my own DVD player and movies.?

Such a long flight,

Thanks

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

Flew over today on west jet and the movies were free...:0).

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

Just tell yourself you are on one of the very shortest flights to Maui . Plus Vancouver flight come direct to Maui so you are not having a stop in Honolulu.

I have found the Westjet flights to be fine.

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

When we travelled with Westjet at the beginning of June we were told we were on a new aircraft and that the screens had not yet been installed in the seats. There were no movies as well. This is a first for us with Westjet. We came prepared with our own entertainment but there were folks that were not so lucky and not very pleased. Not too sure if there is any way to confirm this ahead of time (we only found out when we reached Vancouver).

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

We fly with Westjet almost every year from Vancouver to Maui. We have always had to pay for movies and they are only played at certain times through the flight because there is a point where they lose their satelite signal completely. (TV shows are free). I would suggest you bring a portable DVD just in case.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

flew home on westjet Monday night... no movies..no music, nothing... new plane.. 800 series

way more leg room than Air Canada who we flew over with...so that was a plus...

they rented tablets ( you got two sets of headphones with it and a splitter ) for 10 or 15 dollars.. I had my ipad and ereader so didn't pay too close attention.. but for sure there was no where to plug into the arm rest or drop down screens... or screens in the seats... I don't know if there's any way to check before you fly to see what type of plane you're on....

have a great trip!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

On my flight to Maui on Nov 5th you paid for movies. I bring my own entertainment, smile. Check it out: westjet.com/guest/en/travel/basics/inflight-…

Aloha,

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

This is the new Westjet thing. Have read that they are going to start eliminating the free entertainment on some flights replacing that with tablets you can rent. No a great plan especially with families travelling with children. Just another added nickel and dine tactic of the travel industry.

8. Re: Westjet from Vancouver entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:19