We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner at dukes

canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
dinner at dukes

Will Dukes be open Christmas Day for dinner? Just trying to figure out where to go for dinner? West Maui

California
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner at dukes

I would assume so. I would call them and see how soon you can make a reservation. Very busy night. You can also make a reservation on Opentable.

Level Contributor
35,740 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner at dukes

Duke's is a very nice place to dine with a casual ambiance. Lahaina Grill is also very good if you want something a little more formal. :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,066 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner at dukes

Reservations, reservations, reservations. And you have lots of great options in West Maui.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner at dukes

Very, very few restaurants will be closed on Christmas day. Just make sure to get the reservations in or you may be eating a sandwich on the beach. Which, isn't a bad idea!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner at dukes

A sandwich on the beach sounds good to me. I have eaten at Duke's twice and was not impressed.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dinner at dukes

Unless you are staying at Honua Kai, and want to go to Dukes because it's on the property, I'd go elsewhere for Christmas dinner.

We liked Hula Grill and Leilani's in Whaler's Village much better if you are looking for that price range.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dinner at dukes

It wouldn't be my first choice. During our last visit it was super windy, which makes the food cold and me cranky.

Are you looking for casual or a leisurely dining experience? Fish. ribs,

or ala carte?

8. Re: dinner at dukes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:16