We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Malasades on Maui?

Canadian Rockies...
Level Contributor
633 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best Malasades on Maui?

I plan on spending at least one afternoon hunting down the best malasades in Maui, what places should I try??

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Four Sisters Bakery on Vineyard Street in Wailuku makes some extremely good malasadas and cheese dough balls with sugar lightly coating the pastry. I do not know the name of the cheese balls, but they also are awesome.

I cannot say these are "the best" because this bakery is the only one I go to for baked goods! They were renovating when we visited a couple months ago and that was sad. They are in a yellow house and worth checking out. I like your style spending an afternoon looking for goodies! Have fun.....Deb

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Malasadas are not that huge on Maui...hey, they have the only Krispy Kreme store in the islands and every flight between islands has tons of locals boarding with Krispy Kreme boxes!

The best are supposed to be up in Makawao. It took us 4, 5 or 6 tries before we scored some guava malasadas at Komoda's Bakery up there, as with most bakeries they sell out early so an afternoon hunt will probably not serve you well!

Yes they were pretty amazing!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,008 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

My favorites are at Home Maid Cafe in the original Azeka Mall in Kihei. (by the post office). Made fresh while you wait. Go early as they sometimes run out.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,222 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Maui is more of a manju place. Check out Home Maid Bakery, T. Komoda Store & Bakery and Sam Sato's.

I don't think Stillwell's has manju, but it is probably Maui's best French pastry shop, worth a stop.

Canadian Rockies...
Level Contributor
633 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Oooh, I've not heard of manju, what is it?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Komoda Bakery in Makawao is generally the first place mentioned. Haven't tried mny others, but their's are very good. Just be advised, they're closed on Wednesdays.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Good news for late risers. Home Maid in Wailuku fries again at 9pm..

E. Main

The Kihei location gets them there raw then fries.

Edited: 05 December 2012, 04:51
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,506 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

Aloha,

Stillwell's.............oh, THANKS Scott, ya' had to go there! YUM.

9. Re: Best Malasades on Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 12:15