We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best surfing watching from shore on Maui

Buffalo
Level Contributor
143 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Best surfing watching from shore on Maui

Are there any places on Maui in February that you can go to watch surfers from the shore? I realize that can probably be done anywhere on the island. However, specifically where would you recommend going to watch JAWS in February? If there are specific beach names, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best surfing watching from shore on Maui

To actually go to the area that is Jaws, you have to go on private property. I don't recommend it. You can see surfers at Hookipa (just past Paia) and Honolua Bay if surf is up.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best surfing watching from shore on Maui

We like to go to Hookipa beach to watch the surfers and windsurfers.

You can better view the surfers at the top of the cliff. If you want to better watch the windsurfers, then drive down to the road to be more with the ocean level. There are parking at both places.

We also like to go to Ka'a Point (near Kahului area) to watch the kite surfers.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best surfing watching from shore on Maui

Keep an eye on the surf reports at Honolua Bay. I got some great pictures this past Feb/Mar from that vantage point

4. Re: Best surfing watching from shore on Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:17