We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

I had packed mostly sun dresses but if the weather is in the high 70's maybe capris ? I know I know.... Weather related questions are impossible to answer...we will be in Maui on Friday for 12 days and it looks like we're moving from the 80's into the 70's. Thoughts on clothes?

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

i usually bring a a light sweater and a light jacket that will go with everything and one or two pairs of capris along with shorts and sundresses. Even if highs are in the 80s evenings can be cooler and upcountry is too. I do find that I wear the same things again and again especially staying in a condo with a washer, so I pack light, carry-on only.

Don't stress about the weather. If you need to buy something while there... perfect excuse to treat yourself!

Have fun!

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

Love a place with a washer. Always bring a jacket and my cotton sweater. At times, I by a sweatshirt, in the rooms I get cold, good excuse, like the sweatshirts.

capris are great, sun dresses, skirts...perfect

Remember a hat. Have fun

Edited: 15 December 2012, 22:41
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

I'm just bummed the weather is cooling down from the 80's I was all ready tp just pack swim suits and sun dresses...now I have to think about capris and tops.

I had to laugh about wearing the same things over and over...all our pictures I have the same clothes....Same rain coat....Same swim wear...hmmm. Shopping may just be int the cards!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

I will admit that the seventies is just as good as the eighties to me! I like simple, black skirts and longer shorts. I wear a pair of capris on the plane with a light hoodie and my rubber bottomed water/rock shoes. I do being a couple tops that have good chest and arm coverage, in case I get a little too much sun or just want to stay out of the sun. I bring more tops than bottoms and once I am packed.....I repack again, taking things out because I am a notorious overpacker. I no longer bring socks at all. I also bring two or three sundresses. Enjoy your trip! Deb

Texas
Level Contributor
818 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

and pack clothes that dry easily if you get caught unexpectedly in a rain shower like light-weight cotton tops, not heavy cotton knit ones. also, rubber shoes with good soles that can grip a bit, not worn down. easy for puddles and sand so no worries re ruining good shoes. and, yes, bring a thin nylon jacket with hood to keep with you as you travel about. we are here now, and the breeze can get cool in the shade or elsewhere. also again helps if you get caught in a brief rain shower.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,777 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

It has been a bit chilly lately, mainly due to the high winds and lower temps. I also am acclimated to the weather so anytime this happens, it brings out the socks and longer dresses!! I end up changing a couple of times of day. Warmer dressing in the mornings and evenings and then sundresses and swimsuits in the middle of the day. When you are out and about, you will be warm. It's when I'm at home, not doing much is when I dress in warmer clothes. I even had to close the slider the last couple of nights!!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

We bring the same clothes no matter what the temps. You can always layer a sweater or jacket. Shorts, swimsuits, capri's and sundresses. I bring 3 pair of flip flops, the good ones with jewels on them, the ones for walking around and the ones I wear to the beach.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

I toss a few "tropical color" cotton sweaters in the mix. And I alway take capris ... and tennies and ankle socks. One hoodie is always a good idea for being out on the water ... or the plane.

New Berlin, WI
Level Contributor
471 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

Shorts and tee shirts, swimsuit, cover up, carry on only. Jacket or sweatshirt for the plane and drive to/from airport. Last January never once didn't wear shorts, tee shirt - swimsuit. Never needed more. Pack light with a simple jacket and you will be fine. It is still in the mid 40s here in Wisconsin and I still have shorts and tee shirt on since summer (although we have had a warm fall/winter so far)....I think I am in Aloha mode! 24 Days!

Level Contributor
36,662 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ok ladies .... If the weather is high 70's what do you pack?

Sundresses and shorts with lots of flip flops and sandals was my wardrobe in June of 2011. Of course, lots of swimsuits and cover-ups, also. Have fun! :)