We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

Hello again,

This is the last installment in my trip report series; our time in Maui; sweet, but short as we had to fly back unexpectedly due to a family emergency back home.

…blogspot.com/2012/…day-10-kona-to-maui.html

Reflections:

- Not my favorite island based on our short time there, but with everything going on back home and our limited time I don't know if Maui ever had a fair shot. I guess we'll find out when we go back in February.

- Nice snorkeling, but does not compare to Big Island

- First time cliff jumping and I loved it!

- Loved eating pancakes at the Gazebo by Napili Bay

- Sunset ceremony at Little Beach was so cool!

- Loved the shave ice in Lahaina.

- Unexpected favorite: the Dragon's Teeth next to the golf course ... what a beautiful and unusual spot.

I'm curious to see how we like it when we go back.

Level Contributor
39,018 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

What is the Dragon's Teeth? How nice to be returning in February! :)

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

Sorry you had to cut your trip short. Hope you get to explore more in February when you are there. At that time of year you'll likely find more consistent ocean and snorkeling conditions in South Maui.

In West Maui take a walk along the Coastal Trail in Kapalua. The southern point of Oneloa Beach is much like what you saw at Dragon's Teeth (which is considered sacred by Hawaiians and technically 'off limits'). The Coastal Trail is spectacular in the mornings when the rising sun is shining on Molokai.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

The Dragon's Teeth are considered off limits? I didn't see any signs or read anything to that effect :-/

We'll check out Oneloa Beach next time instead. Thanks for the tip!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,331 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

Thanks for sharing, sorry your trip was cut short. Hope all will be well soon at home. Glad you will be back to experience more of Maui.

5. Re: Newbie trip report with photos - Part 3: Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:16