We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

I believe I saw one picture (from a guest review) of a small playground next to the Pirate Ship. I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not there was a playground at the Westin Kaanapali? Thanks.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

Yup, there is and it's very nice!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

Mamma0233, thanks. I would think that would be a selling point, they don't mention it anywhere.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

The pirate ship at the VILLAS? Or the Resort and Spa? Which property?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

BL last time I was there the resort and spa did not have a pirate pool.

It's small but nice... slide, swings, etc. They seem to be adding something new every year.

Edited: 28 December 2012, 00:40
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

The resort and spa does have a pirate motify as I recall.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

Sorry BL..Not!!!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

people, people, people, let us reason together. There are 2 properties called Westin along Kaanapali. One is the old Westin Maui hotel by Whalers Village. The other is north of Black Rock, the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, North and South. The newer side, the north, does indeed have a pirate pool, but I'm a little too old to use it. The Westin Maui does have a better water slide, which I will never be too old to use. A lot of people, and you know who you are, confuse the 2 properties or assume they are the same.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

My point, poorly made, was that the Westin by Whaler's does (or at least last time I saw it) also have a pirate motif for one of the pools. It doesn't look like the one at the Villas - very different layout all together. But the Westin seems to be into pirates.

The reason I recall is that one of my issues with the Westin by Whaler's is that their design themes were scrambled - including the pirate parrots.

(Personally, I don't care.)

Edited: 28 December 2012, 17:11
9. Re: Playground at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:16