We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Hi, has anyone used the Alamo Kiosk to check in and get your car when it was reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals. It appears you cannot use the on line check in when reserved through a third party but might still be able to use the kiosk instead of going to the counter? So wondering if anyone has had this situation and if it worked out alright..thanks very much K

Sarasota, Florida
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

You may want to check into Alama's "Online Check-In" process as an alternative. Haven't used it myself by maybe somebody else can comment on it.

Discovery Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Have done it several times without any problems! Much faster than standing in line & you don't have to deal with any upselling by agent!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,707 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Shouldn't be any problem. Your contract is with Alamo, not DHCR.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,493 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

@Luv2go you can not checkin on line with Alamo if booking with a third party.

Kiosk..not sure. We book direct with Alamo usually pay an extra $10 or 12 over DHRC quoted price, but I like online check in.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

There was no line last year at Alamo last year (current benefit of short walk between OGG & Alamo vs shuttle bus; not sure if an option once rental lots are relocated sometime next year), so I bypassed Kiosk (online check in attempt, using "Alamo confirm #" provided by DHCR, produced same as barefootnAR: "Customer # cannot be used online". Also, we're using http://www.carrentalhawaii.com/ this year and seemingly simple attempt to change arrival flight # produced same result.

Small inconvenience, imo, given cost savings:

1) One week (late January) direct Alamo convertible car is currently quoted on their website at $451/$580 with taxes & fees. Best coupon I was able to locate several months ago was $40 off a weekly rental. Also, for second year in a row, Alamo's "Last Minute Specials" (which has been cheaper than DHCR or CRH several times in previous years) currently produces "No results found for your search" at OGG.

2) CRH has Alamo convertibles priced at $277/$379...same price as DHCR: The saving will just about cover our Maui Mai Tai budget.

Also, want to mention BIG benefit of Alamo Agent check in at KOA last year (i was the only one on the shuttle): Didn't see any, but asked if they had any Camaro drop-tops...required about a 15 minute wait, but was rewarded with red beauty having something on the order of 27 miles on the odometer. One benefit was that my 5"2" wife was able to drive (she sits too low in a Mustang)...drawback: She beat me to the keys on several occasions!

P.S. link to Alamo online check in page for those wanting to give it a try:

https:/…checkin.html

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Thanks everyone. I know we cannot use the on line check in for sure. I think we can still use the Kiosk however. Our flight arrives at 9:30pm so I guess we can also access how many others are using Alamo at that time as well and whether there is a line or not.

Beaches/Mountains you mention being able to walk to the Alamo lot and not taking the shuttle, is it really that close to the airport?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Kim, here's a related TA link with quite a few good ideas (posts 8-10 are specific to walking to the rental car facility):

tripadvisor.com/…45178887

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

Excellent thanks very much I will read through it!

9. Re: Using Alamo Kiosk if reserved via Discount Hawaii Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:15