We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Beach Resort - area information

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sugar Beach Resort - area information

We're looking at going to Sugar Beach Resort are wondering if it is too isolated. We like a quiet place right on the ocean, but also like to walk 'to town' or at least to a shop (coffee, ice cream, etc...)

What has been your experience with this area?

Thank you

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
496 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

I am an owner at Sugar Beach Resort. There are a couple of shops right on the property (a sandwich/bar, massage, concierge, gift shop). There's an ABC store and a farmer's market about a 5-10 minute walk away (depending on how leisurely you stroll - you can walk on the beach and then cross the road). I believe there's also a shave ice store next to it, but last time I checked, I thought it was closed (may just have been for the day, though).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,750 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

Shave ice is open.. http://ululanisshaveice.com/ and one of the best..

The main town center of Kihei starts 21/2 miles to the south.

Ma'alaea Harbor with shops and eats is about 10 minutes by road around the corner to the west.

Good hard packed sand. You can walk the 2-3 miles to the harbor area.

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

Thanks. Will definitely check out the shave ice place!

lake forest park
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

We've stayed at Sugar Beach Resort about fifteen times. I'ts definitely quiet and isolated. It has a 5 mile beach to walk on and it can be noisy only because the condos are only about 30 feet from the waves. The views from the condos can't get any better.Where ever you stay you'll have a great time

Aloha

Dennis

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

Thanks Dennis. It sounds like a beautiful area.

7. Re: Sugar Beach Resort - area information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 07:16