We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

Does anyone know if the Hyatt Regency Maui provides complementary beach chairs and umbrellas to its guests? The only info the resort has provided us involves cabanas, which we do not need. If they do not, could someone suggest where we could rent these items nearby?

Thanks so much!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
166 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

The Hyatt has many chairs around their two pool areas and some that are on a grassy area that is adjacent to and looks out at the ocean. There are some umbrellas around their pool areas. I believe they have signs near the chairs saying they are not to be moved onto the beach.

I'm not aware of them having any chairs or umbrellas available for guests to use on the beach. Each of the "cabanas" they refer to are two wooden lounge chairs with cushions that have a sunshade that you can adjust. They are reasonably comfortable and rent for $40-50 per day.

Near the spa (south end of the resort) I believe there is a company that may rent chairs and umbrellas for use on the beach in front of the spa. I know they used to rent chairs and umbrellas but I can't remember if I saw any when I was there last year.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,010 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

You will pay resort prices for renting anything like that in Kaanapali. Best to go to some place like Snorkel Bob's for the best prices. They do rent chairs but have discontinued renting umbrella's.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

Thanks for all of the great information! Is Snorkel Bob's close to the Hyatt, and should the chairs be reserved in advance? Also, any suggestions of a reasonable place to rent/purchase an umbrella? We plan to spend time enjoying several different beaches, so purchasing may be a better idea for us. Thanks again :)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
166 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

Costco sells umbrellas for about $30 if I remember correctly. They also sell chairs for about the same price. The chairs are nice in that they are designed to be able to be carried like a backpack.

i found it very easy to get our umbrella into the sand at Kaanapali Beach on a day with only light winds. On another day I saw one umbrella get blown down the beach a a high speed when it was very windy. It was possible someone could have gotten hurt if the pole had hit them. My guess is that is one reason the rental places don't rent them.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
166 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

I walked past the Hyatt today and I see they now have lounge chairs and umbrellas for rent on the beach next to the hotel. No price was listed.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,053 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

When I used the Spa, on the south end of the Hyatt, they had a kiosk set up to rent chairs and umbrella's on the beach.

When we went to other beaches, we usually found shade, so got by without an umbrella, but seems ABC stores sell "cheap" ones that you could pass on to someone else. We did that with our surf mats.

Tishomingo, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

We went a little over a year ago and if you will go to the part of the beach just adjacent to the backside of the parking lot, it is really nice. IMO it's better than the part of the beach that is directly in front of the hotel.

Level Contributor
389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

The Hyatt has extensive and fabulous pools at their resort, however, the beach is very narrow right in front , so they have cabannas and lounges on a grassy area on the north side of the resort. Just past that though the beach gets much better bur now your into the next resort. To the south there is no resorts, just past the spa and fitness center, and they do have some independents renting sometimes out there. I agree with msfuzz to go buy at walmart when you fly in to Kahalui or go to snorkel bobs if your staying for a week. Some of these props your renting for more than you can buy,We park at the Hyatt in the public beach spaces and bring all our stuff down the walkway right to the beach. Somehow I end up taking a dip in the Hyatt pool but don't tell anybody . I dropped $7000 there 3 years ago so I feel it's ok , LOL

Mike

9. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Beach Chairs and Umbrellas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 06:16