We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui wedding venue

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Maui wedding venue

Looking for advice or experiences with Maui wedding venues...

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui wedding venue

Welcome to TA...to the right on this page is a great starting point for you, FY!: Getting Married on Maui.

Are you looking for an actual venue or a beach? For how many and when? All info will help us help you...

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui wedding venue

if a beach, we used anointed weddings a few years ago. mrs. shears and i were married at kapalua bay...absolutely gorgeous at sunset. i highly recommend them.

http://anointedweddings-maui.com/

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui wedding venue

DS#1 used Anointed as well back in '07 and was married on Keawakapu Beach near Wailea. Everything was perfect!!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui wedding venue

Thanks for your help!

To answer about our details it's for about 55 people so the reception portion would need a venue. It's for Feb 2014. We were currently looking at the Haiku Mill and Olowalu Plantaion, and the Sugarman estate.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui wedding venue

I'm helping my bet friend plan, this is for her wedding. But I'm traveling to Maui next week to look at places.

Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui wedding venue

Hello. We are actually getting married at sugarman estate this month, I can give you some more feedback once we return if you are still looking for information.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui wedding venue

If you stay at Maui Eldorado they have a deal to use their beach bungalow

Pluto Highlands
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui wedding venue

the Sugarman estate is just perfect. you will get use of the house for preparing and an easy layout to set up tents, dance floor, catering a bar and just that perfect view. hey maybe you will even see steve tyler.

the Olowalu is nice as well but have only been to one wedding here. the house was nice and I believe you get to stay the night here as the Sugarmans you have to shut down at 10. between these two I would consider where most of your guests are staying as these properties are an hour drive apart. one in south Maui the other close to Lahaina. IDK the Haiku mill but will give it a google. GL

wow Haiku Mill looks nice, I would worry on rain in February in Haiku.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 11:46
Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui wedding venue

I would contact JoJo and Dane at Anointed and ask their recommendations based on your requirements. Nothing can beat many years of on-island experience.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui wedding venue

We got married last October at the Sheraton Maui and loved it! I worked with Taryn at the hotel to start and used mostly outside vendors for our wedding. They were very accommodating, and when we had a medial emergency with the groom the day before the wedding did everything they could to help, including moving our ceremony venue to be closer to our room (no charge for changes.) We used Natalie Brown for the photographer, LOVED her!, Liam Grist was the DJ we used, and went through the hotel for cake and food. The venue locations they have are great and its perfect for hotel guests staying on Kaanapali so they can walk home after the wedding.