We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

Minnesota
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

Just booked the Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour and am wondering what is the best side of the van to sit? Thank you for all information.

I told my husband I would ask TA as we have always received excellent information. Mary

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Nebraska
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

There are lots of photo ops through the windows on the driver's side. If you have a choice when you board the van, that would be the side to head for. I had seen this hint on TA and was very happy to have that knowledge when we went on this tour last month. Have fun!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,073 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

Driver's side.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

Drivers side for sure BUT...

It depends on when they pick you up, we were the last stop so we had to pick the last two seats open at the time, which were on the passenger side. They were good but not as good as the drivers side.

They stop at various hotels etc... to pick up their passengers and I do not think you have any control over that part of it.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

Driver's side is preferable since you go in a clockwise direction all the way. Sometimes you will have just a rock wall on the right hand side of the van.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

Each side has it's opportunities, right side closer to water fall and over the bridge views. Since it's curvy you get to the upper valleys view which are the best. The left side lots of downward views and the Ocean.

Edited: 11 February 2013, 01:09
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,222 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

How about if you're early enough to sit in one of the front seats (either driver's - I think you're above the driver - or passenger's side) that look out the front?

Edited: 11 February 2013, 01:17
Level Contributor
413 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

The buses are great and have big windows so I don't think there's a huge plus for either. We loved Ernie our guide, and the you will stop fir all the big photo opts. Really thought this was a great trip and glad I didn't drive. Love the fact it goes all the way around the island . I was amazed at how different this island got on the other side (east) and upcountry .You made a great choice, Mike

8. Re: Valley Isle Road to Hana Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:15