We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

That tomorrow WILL BE SUN. . .

Ahhh I'm about to burst. . catch our flight to Maui tomorrow morning!!! I was able to upgrade the family to FC at check in.

ALOHA

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Iowa
Level Contributor
12,400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Woo hoo! Have a first class trip!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,979 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Have a great time Swirlz, I know you will. I'll be looking forward to a trip report!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,039 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

LOVE that subject line!

Hope you have an amazing time, and congrats on that upgrade!!! A nice way to start the holiday.

Will be looking forward to a trip report, complete with song!

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

humm trip report in song. . could be interesting. I can get a photobucket page going and maybe help Mamma get that "5 ray" pick online :)

Get ready for lots of food pix, i'm well known for always taking shots of meals. . even whatever will be served in First Class tomorrow for lunch!

Lots of beach time but hopefully an amazing sunrise at the volcano Monday morning. I am planning to get everyone up bright/dark and early while on the time change adjustment and get out the door by 4:30-5am. . .wish me luck and pray for clear skies!

I have a nice new SLR camera to try out and hubby and I each picked up some cheap underwater digital cameras so we don't miss anything this time.

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Here is a little refresher of previous trips :) Ya I know a little overload. .

2007 (just hubby and I) http://heathernderickmaui2007.shutterfly.com/

*Feast of Lele

2009 (wedding) http://hoeraufmaui2009.shutterfly.com/

*OLL with group of 20

2011 http://maui2011hoerauffamily.shutterfly.com/

*Luna Spa retreat

Also visited Kauai last year but didn't make a site for that yet, i'm slacking.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,039 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

LOVED looking at your previous trips! Now I know the avatar picture is actually your wedding day! And you will be in Maui for your anniversary, so Happy Anniversary too!

We stayed in the same yurt in May of last year. Really enjoyed it.

Have a great flight tomorrow.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Well all my previous visits I've never been to Iao Valley so thats a MUST this time.

Also I went to Maui my first time in 2006 when I won a trip for 5 nts and took my mom, we drove to the volcano that time but in all other trips my husband and kids haven't been.

This trip we're also taking my mother-in-law who was there for the wedding in 09 but she is now engaged and her fiance has NEVER been to Hawaii. . .

They also don't know we bumped them up to first class. . .told them they're stuck in the back of the plane and keeping it secret until we board.

Edited: 10 February 2013, 04:08
Mentioned in this post
Iao Valley
Iao Valley
91 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Hope you have a blast. Don't forget the Trip Reports for us poor Maui dreaming folks back here on the mainland.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,867 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Swirlz...the last 4 days have been spot on amazing! Best ever...even the first 2 days with a little mist and wind we were great here!

Welcome and enjoy!

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The sun'll come out tomorrow. . .bet your bottom $

Okay I have to sincerely apologize for not being at the top of this "trip reporting".

I forgot how time consuming small kids are (not to mention hubby too). I haven't had any time on my laptop except few minutes at night to review some picture but trust me I will have some great reviews when I get home!

Mother-in-law & her fiance leave tomorrow and hubby & I and kids head to Sheraton for a couple days.

Trip has been good just seems like I'm always being pulled in multiple directions. .kids don't really adjust to the whole "Maui time" thing.

This morning was wonderful with getting everyone up early to hit the Gazebo for breakfast! Yeah I didn't have to cook & clean :)

Looking forward to our stay at the Sheraton as well, finally Starwood Platinum it looks like we've received a awesome upgrade as long as no one rents the Family Suite by tomorrow :) Also planning to splurge on the breakfast buffet there since as platinum it is supposed to be $10 to upgrade to brunch. . .no more cooking for me after today!!!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii