We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

Nanaimo, British...
Level Contributor
265 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

A treat that we three (dh, dd, me) love to have when travelling is a trip to a cinema. The smaller, more local, the better. 2011 we saw "New Year's Eve" in Morro Bay, CA - wonderful theatre, great fun. This year, we were really looking forward to the Kihei cinema but, I think I've just found out it's closed? Can anyone confirm - open or, no more? Thanks.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
412 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

you are correct, it is closed. There's the Queen K theaters and Maui Mall theaters.

If you want to try something different, at the MACC they offer a free family movie on the lawn under the stars once a month. If you look at the MACC (Maui Arts and Cultural Center) website, you can look it up in their monthly calendar. This Friday (Feb 15th) they are showing BABE, gates open at 5pm, there's food for purchase, bring beach chairs and blankets (no coolers). It's partly sponsored by the Maui Film Festival.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

That makes me so sad! We went to a couple movies there and it was a cool little theater. Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,350 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

Wow, that is quite a blow to some. Anything going in, in the theaters place?

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

Darn it, I loved having that theater there. :(

As msfuzz asked, has anything taken its place or planned for that space?

Nanaimo, British...
Level Contributor
265 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

Thanks for the (sad) confirmation. I'll go check out MACC, thanks for the tip. So, I'm guessing nothing at all in the Kihei area for cinemas now, right? I'm not sure where Maui Mall or Queen K are - I'll check that out too.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
412 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

I haven't heard of anything going in there. Queen Kaahumanu Mall and Maui Mall are both in Kahului. It is too bad.

Nanaimo, British...
Level Contributor
265 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

Nothing MACC starry night for us (we're on Maui 16th-31st). We're staying in North Kihei so, may check out the Kahului cinemas. Thanks again for the suggestions. Hopefully another little cinema will open and be supported some day in Kihei - you don't know what you've got 'til its gone...

8. Re: Kukui Mall 4 Theatres - closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:15