We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
New Years Eve

We will be on Maui over new year's and I am trying to come up with a list of options for New Year's Eve that will also interest my 17 year old son. We are booked at a condo in West Maui. Would you recommend a luau, the Feast at Lele? Other thoughts are appreciated!

ohio
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

We went to the luau at the Grand Wailea this past New Year's with our two young adult children (20&15) and we all enjoyed the show and doing something memorable to welcome in the year.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Does your 17 year old have an expansive palate? The Fest at LeLe has some very eclectic food, most 17 year old's probably wouldn't like. I only know of one teen in my circle that would enjoy the menu!!

Some of the tour catamarans will have parties aboard their boats, fireworks etc.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

Thanks for the ideas - I think you are probably right about my son's palate msfuzz - and I really like your idea about a catamaran. I will have to research that. Any ideas of specific companies that you might recommend?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

There are a couple of them that go out on New Year's eve. The Pride of Maui, which I have gone on a cocktail cruise, it was nice, good food. The the Pacific Whale Foundation which I have done a whale watch cruise on (don't recommend those!). The Alii Nui also goes out don't know anything about that one.

Most places won't advertise what they are planning for New Years Eve until a couple of weeks before, if that!!

Your son may like the Drums of the Pacific Luau at the Hyatt in Kaanapali. It's the only hotel luau I recommend.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve

How about the Pacific Whale foundation NYE night sail. It goes at 10:15 pm I think. They also have a dinner cruise with two times like 9:30 and 10:15.

6. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:16