We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions to pearl harbor

Buffalo, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Excursions to pearl harbor

Looking for info from anyone who has taken the excursions from Maui to Pearl Harbor. The ones that include airfare . Have looked at a number that leave from 6 am and return around 8 pm. Just want to pick a good company to go with and which excursion is the best for the $$$$. Any info appreciated. Thanks

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,190 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

Have you compared the price to just booking an inter island flight and renting a car for the day? Pearl Harbor is close to the airport and you could spend some time in Waikiki if you choose.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

We are going over to Oahu in june but are doing it ourselves we were originally just going to do a day trip but decided to do a overnighter.

You can fly for about 150-160 a person RT and and a car is probably around $50 for the day. Pearl Harbor is only about a 15 minute drive from HNL.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,777 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

I would definitely look at doing it yourself. Much cheaper. But if you are not wanting to go that route, be careful with which company you choose. Someone on year sent their husband over on a tour. After Pearl Harbour, they were all dropped off in Waikiki to go shopping on their own... for two hours! He was not impressed!

Even if you don't want to rent a car, you can use the bus system. Easy and cheap, but time consuming. With a car, you would have more time to explore. Heading up to the Punchbowl is a beautiful place to visit after Pearl Harbour. Very moving. And of course, there are great views of the city as well.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,866 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

Roberts is a reputable company that's been around for many, many years.

If the day trip includes Waikiki, just go to Duke's for a beer or mai tai and lunch. For that matter, you can go to any restaurant or hotel in Waikiki to enjoy the same.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

I would do it on your own. If you are staying in West Maui you can save time by flying from The West Maui Airport (JHM). The security at Pearl Harbor takes a little bit of extra time. They make women lock their handbags in a storage shed.

Little bit of news in yesterdays paper. JHM airport has applied to extend their airstrip by 300 feet.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

Lol Joan that was me. I sent DH over for the day and he was not happy with being dropped off for shopping. If you really want to do it look for just a Pearl Harbor tour. Not the city tour or anything else. The tour guy was not very good, the bus driver was good and informative but the guide they had at PH was not knowledgable. I did do my homework and thought I was getting him the best tour :(. Pm me is u like

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,777 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

Ha! Thanks for adding to his experience! I just remember from the trip report that he was not happy about the "shopping"!!

I do like ddffpp's advice about finding Duke's and a mai tai. People watching on the beach is also another way to spend some time.

8. Re: Excursions to pearl harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:17