We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

I'm trying to decide between the Old Lahaina luau and the Feast at Lele. I like that the Feast is more polynesian and has the fire dancer. But my fiance is very much a meat & potatoes guy. For starters, he doesn't like shrimp or scallops, raw tomatoes, mushrooms, or curries. Would he be able to find something he can eat at FaL? And will it be worth the extra $$$ if he doesn't eat much of the offerings? Should we just stick to OLL so he's allowed to pick and choose? But then, we'd miss out on the other dances. Totally confused....

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Yeah, it could be tough for a meat and potatoes guy. The menu is quite eclectic. But if he does find a particular course that he likes, they are happy to bring seconds. Both are great programs and very different from each other. Whichever you choose will be a memorable evening for you.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

We have gone to both and our family is not necessarily a foodie family! The difference for us was preferring our own table with servers bringing us our food. OLL is more traditional and a beautiful show with great story telling. The communal tables were ok when we were there with a family group of 20 to celebrate my parents 50th but when it was just my husband, daughter and I with a honeymooning couple and a family that spoke very little English, it wasn't as much fun.

The Feast at Lele is more romantic and the food was abundant and I honestly think you would find enough to eat. The drinks alone could fill you up. Our daughter and her boy friend had alcoholic drinks but my husband and I drank phooey drinks.....very good. You can't lose either way! Deb

Level Contributor
389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Melanie, it's the perfect time to make him nibble on some other food. I'm a meat , potatoes guy from Lagrange , Illinois . I had such a great time at Feast at Lele. Ok, I didn't eat everything they put in front of me, but , I liked lots of it. The show is just great!!! . I'm really a cheap blue collar guy that thought my wife was crazy for paying this much for a show / luau . Well , this cheap guy loved it and were going back to Maui fir our 3rd time in 3 years. Almost want to go back to Feast again. They were so good , and my wife loves pictures and the dancers were so nice to accommodate us, we have great pics. Just do it, tell him relax and it will be worth it. This isn't stuff in Chicago you can do whenever you want?. Tell him Mike says do it!!!, and I'm from Chicago

Level Contributor
35,424 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

I think you will love Feast @ Lele! :)

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

I agree with everyone else, and I think this is your honeymoon, right? Feast at Le Le is a romantic beautiful evening. The food is wonderful and I think empireguy is right, the spirit of the Feast might just encourage your fiancé to try something new.

Dave

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,485 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Oh yes to the Feast for your guy, Melanie! My husband was a meat and potatoes man many years when we married. Now he tries and loves all of the great food in Hawaii! You will have so much fun, bet he'll open up his palate to new tastes. Even if he doesn't you'll both have a great time, and it's not much more than the OLL, so do the Feast.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Aloha,

I think he'll do fine at the Feast at Lele. I have shellfish allergies and they gave me more of the other items when serving a shellfish dish. Just call to let them know his dietary restrictions ahead of time.

\nnn/

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Tell him to grow up and eat his peas! You are going for new and memorable experiences. He can go back to his carnivore diet back home. Trying something out of the norm is what traveling should be all about. I loved the Feast at Lele.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

I have done both and prefer the OLL. It seemed more roomy amd far less tight between tables. They also have a very interesting pre-show that we all enjoyed. I liked the food far better. I didn't eat much at the Feast.....it just wasn't for us food-wise.

The fire-thrower at the Feast dropped his flaming "stick" twice and it rolled up against the people in the first row. The show was very good, but that mess-up was pretty shocking! Twice!

I do agree, the Feast is more couple-ish. You will be happy with either I'm sure. I enjoyed both.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 17:53
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feast at Lele for somewhat picky eater?

Ok, I've never been to the Feast at LeLe. Why? The food, I wouldn't eat it either and no, dada, I won't eat my peas because I'm an adult and can make those grown up decisions. I can't see putting out that kind of money that basically would go to waste on someone like me. I want a full experience out of what I'm paying for. I don't want seconds on something instead of something else.

This is a vacation for the two of you. Go somewhere you BOTH will be happy with.