We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui onion festival?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
640 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maui onion festival?

Is the a festival not to be missed? Im debating goin to the festival or doin the road to Hana that day?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,758 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui onion festival?

No, it isn't a festival that you MUST go see. I have been twice. My husband is the cook in our house, and he sits in the front row and watches all the cooking demonstrations. He collects all the recipes, and tries to duplicate them here at home. Not easy without those wonderful Maui onions!

It is a lot of fun, and there are lots of food booths, all of them using Maui onions! There is also the Maui onion eating contest. One for the adults, and one for the keiki. Lots of fun, but if it is the only day you can do the RTH, go for the drive to Hana!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
640 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui onion festival?

We can definitely do the drive another day but I was thinking because the festival is goin on maybe there will be less traffIc in rth? Are the food booths expensive?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,758 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui onion festival?

I don't believe the onion festival will make any difference to the amount of traffic on the RTH. It will be a weekend, and there will be less big trucks on the road. But there may be less of the roadside food places open as well, as they are run by families, and they may very well be enjoying the weekend themselves....somewhere else!

The food booths at the festival run from inexpensive to expensive. It depends on what they are selling, and if seafood is offered as part of the recipe. They are not the sit down type of places as you are lining up at each booth. It is set up more like a fair. Lots of music and entertainment going on as well.

Parking is free that day!!!

Edited: 27 February 2013, 05:43
4. Re: Maui onion festival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:16