We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei Kai

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
640 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kihei Kai

Anyone have any comments about this condo and sugar beach?

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei Kai

Sugar Beach is a long 5+miles of hard packed sand. Great for morning walks.

At the south end of the beach in front of Kihei Holiday condos about 50 yds out is a reef for snorkeling. not many know about it.

You will be across the street from a farmers Market, ABC store and http://ululanisshaveice.com/ shave ice. And on Saturdays you can walk down to the little church and get your Huli Huil chicken..

The complex gets good recommendations on the forum. Great location and right on the water. Our timeshare is about 1 1/2 miles south. We love the central and north part of Kihei.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei Kai

I can tell you that when I am on my treadmill, I dream of the firm sand of Sugar Beach and beautiful views! We stay in north Kihei and love walking that long stretch of sand. There is lots to look at and photograph, plus my husband will just swim in the water when he wants to cool off. We even saw an older gentleman surfing by the condos when the surf was higher than usual last trip......one of my favorite photos! We plan to spend more time on that beach next vacation. Not familiar with the condo, but I would trust Barefoot! It is very centrally located to getting around the island in Ma'alaea. Deb

Maui
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei Kai

Do not rent a bottom unit. You will think the people above you are in your living space. My dad stayed there quite a few years back. OMG there was a family with a toddler above. Bang Bang Bang.

The view is nice with the BBQ beach front. The living area/kitchen is very very small. Make sure it has a lanai to give you space to hang out.

4. Re: Kihei Kai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:16