We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to book anything else in advance

sydney
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need to book anything else in advance

Hi all

We will be in Maui for 7 nights in March and will be staying at Kaanapali, beside planning to do sightseeing (Haleakala sunrise, Iao Valley, Road to Hana, visit Lahaina etc) I have only booked:

-a rental car for the week

-our dinner to celebrate my friend's 60th at Merriman's (please comment on this restaurant as I'd like to choose one of the nicest for the celebration)

-Old Lahaina Luau.

As we also want to have lots of down time.

Do I need to book in advance Trilogy snorkelling and Piiholo zipline?

Thank you all, much appreciated

Counting the days!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,871 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

Trilogy will offer a discount by booking ahead of time online. I think you need to book at least 7 days out. If it isn't a huge savings, you may want to wait until you get there. Can't remember what part of March you are there... Easter is at the end of the month and will be very busy, so you may want to book ahead if that is when you are there.

It won't be long now! Hope you have a fantastic time!

sydney
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

I know, 14 more sleeps! Thank you J0an for your reply we will be in Maui on 15th and coming home on Easter Saturday from Honolulu.

We are so excited, one of my friends and I have never been to Hawaii.

Thanks again.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

You are traveling during a very busy time - so if you really want to do something, book ahead. If you really don't care ... then don't. Both the zipline and Trilogy are absolutely book-aheads.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

If those couple of activities are really important to you and you'll be disappointed it you don't get to do them, then by all means book them in advance. The ziplines do tend to fill up so it's probably a good idea.

Merriman's will definitely provide you with a memorable dining experience. The location on the south point of Kapalua Bay is spectacular for sunset viewing. The food and service is terrific and they have a wonderful wine list. You'll need plenty of headroom on your gold card, but you'll be talking about the meal for a long time.

Here's one more thing I always recommend for the itinerary... Never, ever miss a sunset. They are different every night and always special.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

BLBL and VCS captured my thoughts on this subject; if you HAVE to do it, book ahead. If not wait and see where the (trade) winds take you!

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

Thanks for this - I just looked at Trilogy and one of my possible dates was already booked - going to book my trip now.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,466 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

Hey! We are there the same time as you...coming in on the 16th for 2 weeks. Definitely book Trilogy ahead if you really want to do it. It is very popular. That way you will get it for sure and get the discount.

Merriman's is wonderful. I have my reservations for there as well. Beautiful views and good food. We rarely go to expensive food places at home, but in Hawaii there are several we go to. It's our treat to ourselves.

Have fun!

Merrill, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

As long as the question was asked about booking ahead, wee want to do a whale watch on Maui. We are thinking about the raft one. I understand a company called Ultimate does this and there may be others. Should we book ahead for this? We will be there in March.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
109 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

my 6 year old went on the raft whale watch by Pacific whale foundation. fun! seem much more adventurous than the big boats. whales seemed so close! :)

not much shade so wear sunscreen/hats with ties/ long sleeve rash guards

Edited: 02 March 2013, 13:58
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
109 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do I need to book anything else in advance

please book ahead for the raft trips: they are smaller and get filled

Edited: 02 March 2013, 13:59