We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island faves that you bring with you back home....

London
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island faves that you bring with you back home....

as well as souvenirs for family and friends...we are only staying in Maui! What do you suggest/recommend?

Thank You!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

You might like this recent similar thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k616606…

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

A free coffee/tea mug from Hilo Hatties is always on our list.

A Maui trade dollar from the year we visit.

Kona coffee glazed macadamia nuts.

Spam in flavors we can't get at home.

Lots and lots of memories (and pictures) and a promise to return as soon as poosble.

Mentioned in this post
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,992 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Anxious - there are about a zillion threads about souvenirs, and we can talk ad nauseam about them.

Go to the "search" function on the Kauai, Maui or Oahu Forums. Tons of great information is waiting for you. :o)

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Our friends always like to get Maui coffee. Despite Kona coffee's reputation, Maui grown is also quite good.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
LA
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Music is a relatively inexpensive wasy to bring the islands back.

www.mele.com

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Anxious..........the best thing I bring home is the photos! Make sure you have a couple memory cards. After our first trip I bought a nice, large digital frame and I take thousands of photos. I will take forty of a simple sunset. I print very few, but we are able to watch the sunset on the islands in our bedroom......it is on the digital frame, but still so beautiful! It is fun to have photos of buildings, signs, unusual things you may not want in a photo book, but when you see it on your frame, it reminds you of the good times! Digital cameras are so wonderful......

I suggest the Swap Meet on Saturday from 7:00-1:00! It is at the Maui College. You will find wonderful, decently priced items that will remind you of your trip. Bring a tote to put your treasures in and look for the handcrafted items in regards to art and jewelry. Have fun looking for your special treasure! Deb

Mentioned in this post
Maui Swap Meet
Maui Swap Meet
457 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Deb- a couple memory cards? Try like 10 LOL. Although I only do the smaller GB so I don't have them all on 1 if something happens to it!

People seem to always like shirts...but my nephews loved the little Tiki's I got them- cheesy yes.

London
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Sounds wonderful! I will definitely keep any eye out for all those items...not sure how cheesy any item brought from Maui really is ;) LOL they all sound great to me! I've read wonderful things some local jams and cookies too! will I find those at the Swap Meet?

Thank you so much for giving me a current update on what your preferences are and taking the time to share them with me...really appreciate it :)

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Maui Swap Meet
Maui Swap Meet
457 Reviews
Maui, HI
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

You're right!!! I brought a 32GB for filming, but found I preferred to use the iPhone for that so I can stare at it at work! Usually 8 GB's and I will put a couple thousand on one , BUT I am super neurotic making sure to put each memory card in a special place......by my bed. Ten is a much better number.......lol Deb

Edited: 04 March 2013, 17:45
London
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Island faves that you bring with you back home....

Also...I think that the Swap Meet won't work for us now that I looked closely at our dates...we arrive on Sat. evening and leave on a Friday...I assume they are only open on Saturdays correct?

Mentioned in this post
Maui Swap Meet
Maui Swap Meet
457 Reviews
Maui, HI