We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report last day

Wa
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report last day

We are checked in and having lunch at Sammys sadly going home. Spent yesterday morning at Mm 14 which turned out to be our favorite snorkel spot. Had lunch at Star Noodle which was great. Checked in to Kaanapali beach hotel and spent some time swimming in the ocean and pool. Ended the night with dinner and a nice walk. Will post am update later with more tips and suggestions. Already planning our next visit same time next year! Aloha!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report last day

Safe travels home Cheryl! Planning the next trip is my solution to the "leaving Hawaii" blues.....it is fortunate my husband agrees! Take care, Deb

Seattle
Level Contributor
910 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report last day

Pleeeeeaaasse bring some sunshine back to the Pac NW with you!

Would love to hear more about MM 14... (Airport Beach?)

S

Wa
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report last day

I wish I could bottle it up!! So not ready for cold and rain. Mile marker 14 is on the way to Lahaina from the airport. It's on the left hand side and you won't miss all the cars lined up. If you get to the fruit stand you passes it. For us newbies at snorkeling, it was a perfect spot with calm waters and lots of fish to see. No turtles but that's ok. We took a picnic lunch out there and it was a lot of fun.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report last day

I believe mm14 is Olowalu.

Wa
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report last day

Yup that would be correct! Oh and GPS on an iPhone is not always right! Got mixed up quite a few times!

Seattle
Level Contributor
910 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report last day

Good to know about the iphone GPS. Its what I always rely on. But....a man here in north Seattle ended up in a ravine last night--and overnight--while apparently following a false GPS "road extension" that put him in the ravine! Thanks for the MM 14 info. I can picture it now. For some reason, I had been thinking it was north of Kaanapali, but now I've "got it". It's on the must snorkel list!

Level Contributor
35,424 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report last day

Sounds like a fun time! Have fun with your planning for next trip. :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report last day

Thanks for the reports, Cheryl. Glad you liked snorkeling at mm14 (yes, indeed Olowalu) but for ease of snorkeling I generally don't recommend it for "newbie" snorkelers!!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report last day

Thanks for the trip report, glad ;you had a good time.

10. Re: Trip Report last day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 05:16