We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter church service in Maui ..

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Easter church service in Maui ..

We are staying at Marriott in Wailea. We area Catholic but are flexable with denomination.

Is there a traditional Hawaii church in Maui that would be a special service for Easter. A few years ago we were on Kaui in the north area and attended a very c ool green church?? name and it has a traditonal Hawaii choir and it was very special

and ideas? Basic catholic is fine as well.. we are willing to drive to a different area.

thanks

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter church service in Maui ..

From what I can tell from the forum the Catholic church in Lahaina Maria Lanakila has a Tongan choir and I know they sing at the saturday 5pm mass but not sure about on Easter.

We are catholic too and plan on going to the saturday mass in june on our trip.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 14:35
boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter church service in Maui ..

St. Theresa's in Kihei is about a 10 minute drive North of Wailea. I believe it is near McDonalds. We attended last summer. The mass was in English but I do remember someone performed a liturgical dance which was traditional Hawaiian. Not sure if they do that at every Mass though.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter church service in Maui ..

Go down to Keawalai Church in Makena. Not Catholic but will give you the Hawaiian church experience you are looking for. On Easter the services are held on the grounds of the church.

www.keawalai.org/

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter church service in Maui ..

Our family attended Mass at the Sacred Hearts Mission Church in Kapalua. Beautiful little church, with a beautiful Mass. Check out details here: www.marialanakila.org/mission/index.php

5. Re: Easter church service in Maui ..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:18