We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report day 4

northwest
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report day 4

Woke up this morning and thought we would make this a pool beach day. We headed into Lahania to have breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe and were glad we did this little gem is on Front St near the marina( 693A Front St) great prices.

It is a really cute place with big trees growing inside it. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and it was really good just the right amount of lemon flavor in sauce and the potatoes were so good with grilled onions in them and some great slightly spicy seasoning. It was so pleasant we just hung around a while and talked to some nice people. We decided to walk in Lehania for a while in the neighborhoods going out of downtown the opposite way. I love exploring and looked at some great houses you just can dream about owning. It was getting warm so we headed back to start our pool beach day! Snagged a perfect spot. You know the place where you are close to the pool but with a great view of the ocean. With the books, magazines, sun block and water we were set. After a couple hours I decided to take a walk through the Whalers village I am not much of a shopper and all I had been to there was the ABC store. I did however find the food court this time a good alternative if you just want some cheaper food. I grabbed a sandwich and some chips and one place and a fruit salad at another to share with Mark at our "pool camp". After a couple hours we got a call from some friends who were staying in Kihei who wanted to check out our beach. So we reset up on the beach and spent a nice day watching the whales and playing in the surf. Around 4 I took Mark down to pick up his bike for his ride tomorrow. I stopped at Safeway and got some rum, stuff to make punch and snacks to have a little HH while enjoying the sunset on the beach. It was a beautiful sunset and our friends headed out. We packed everything in and took a walk under all the stars. We kept hearing some music so walked to the very end where the Shereton was having a Luau we stood for about 15 min. watching from the sidelines. It was really pretty but confirmed my thoughts of really not wanting to do one. After that we wandered to Tiki bar at the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel where they had a really good band out doors. They have great free shows every night. I just love the feeling of the tropical breezes, stars and nice music. Getting tired so we went back to the food court and grabbed a couple pieces of pizzA and took it back to the condo heated up our leftover pasta opened some wine and dined outside listning to the ocean. Another great day.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,555 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report day 4

What a lovely laid-back day. I love days like that in the middle of a trip, feels like vacation could go on forever!

Aloha

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report day 4

What a wonderful day, not having to think about anything, doing what you feel like, when you feel like it. And not cooking! Love leftovers and a microwave! Oh, and the wine too!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report day 4

I know what you mean about KBH music and the setting is so nice! My hubbie and I were going to make it there last week but we were tired every night, now I wish we had.

Sounds like a perfect day and a wonderful trip!

Thanks

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report day 4

Mmmm... Sunrise Cafe... for some reason my Dad always called it the OK Corral. He also called me by my brothers' names, so we were used to his 'renaming' :) I didn't get there this year, but I do like their hawaiian salad with kalua pig and papaya.

It sounds like a real vacation... thanks for describing it all for us.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report day 4

Thanks for the update, webfeet!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report day 4

I loved what you write about KBH because we will begin our Maui stay there with two nights, before moving south. We love music and laid-back Hawaiian feel settings.....comfy! Your vacation seemed like a wonderfulfully relaxing time in paradise! Deb

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report day 4

Sounds like another lovely day..keep enjoying!

Seattle
Level Contributor
910 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report day 4

Thanks for the reminder of how nice the KBH Tiki Bar is. All these wonderful places you write about, and I keep adding to my "list"...I'm going to need to extend our trip by a week! Can't wait!

--S

Level Contributor
35,461 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report day 4

Sounds heavenly! :)

Craig, CO
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report day 4

Hi Webfeet

I really ENJOYED our visit with you and Mark by the pool that morning. We were right next to you in the brown loungers. You probably don't remember me, the guy with the hair. ( LOL) What a great week my wife and I had. Sorry we never hooked up with you guys again. Yo guys looked like a great couple to hang out with

Great job on your trip report. Can't wait to hear about Marks bike ride. Just so much to see and do in Maui. We our planning on going back next March. You Guys?

Wayne