We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

Seattle
Level Contributor
916 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

FYI: I just posted this on another thread, but thought maybe I'd pull it out, and repost it for anyone travelling in the next few months.

Another poster (MauiNoKaOi) noted the other day that Alaska fares from Oakland to OGG dropped recently. And we just received an email notice via TripIt.com (where we "file" our travel plans) that our Hawaiian Air fares in early May have dropped by $370 (for both--fare from SEA now $470rt). There is a $300 change fee, but we'd still save $70. As my husband would say, better than a poke in the eye! (Now the question, go for refund now, or wait for further drops...hmmmm...)

--S

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,853 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

Badger...if that is $235 pp r/t GO FOR IT!! I'd take that fare in a heartbeat!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

Love TripIt.com!

Re Alaska Airlines - you can call if there is a price drop and they will give you a credit to be used for future travel rather than rebook and pay the change fee.

WA
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

I am trying to book flights for mid July. Missed $479 price now up to $600+. Any one else waiting for prices to go down????

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

Ever since the demise of Suntrips (the "original") and my annual, unlimited OGG/OAK pass, I am ALWAYS waiting for fare prices to decline!

Concur with mama's math - $235 R/T, & I'm booking as many dates as the ATM card will facilitate!! ;)

Alo)(a, NKO

Seattle
Level Contributor
916 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

Sorry to mislead. A $370 savings for both. New price is $470 ( or whatever I said) round trip per person. So decent, by alas, not $235 decent.

--S

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

I got an email today from Alaska advertising $159 each way OAK/OGG.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

Unfortunately, fine print reads: "Fare Rules: Purchase by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on March 19, 2013." Be nice of them to pop the "must purchase date" in the subject or somewhere it's relatively visible...

Edit: apparently there are some April dates that haven't yet gone up. May is back to $217 o/w on least expensive dates.

Edited: 19 March 2013, 12:31
8. Re: Fare Drops on Alaskan and Hawaiian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:17