We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speaking of boarding passes...

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
451 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Speaking of boarding passes...

Where can we go in Kaanapali area to print boarding passes? Do we evan need to check in online and print BPs in advance for inter-island flight on HA?

TIA

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

Don't they have those kiosks at just about every airline? You can check in online and then pick up your boarding passes at the airport. No worries.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

You don't HAVE to check in and print boarding passes in advance of arriving at the airport. A lot of people like to do this. I've never done it in advance but may try it one of these days.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

If I remember right you are staying at the MKV!? If so I'm sure they offer special computers in the lobby to print your passes.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
451 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

Yes, we will be at MKV. We are not renting through Aston so I'm a bit fuzzy on where we stand with using the hotel guest amenities like computers in the lobby or kids program or the weekly manager's mai tai reception. We rented through chasenrainbows but will check in with and get the key from the MKV front desk when we arrive.

I do like to check in online when flying and have my BP in hand when we get to the airport. I can check in via my smartphone but no printer! Not a big deal, was just curious what everyone else does...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,288 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

I am of the opinion that checking via computer is for the convenience of the airlines - not us! If you have luggage to check - you'll have to deal with HA anyway at OGG - so why not just let then do the boarding passes at the same time.

No worries.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,154 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

We used our smart phones without printing last time. Just brought up the info on the phone screen and swiped it like a ticket at the airport. We weren't sure how to do it at first and the people working the gate weren't either. I think we were the first ones this crew had checked in this way. It worked fine.

Oh! But now that I think of it , maybe that's why I got the full pat down body search!!! Oh well, gotta laugh about that one! Have a wonderful trip!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
451 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

If they oversell the flight, I would rather be already checked in on-line and with my BP in my hand when I get there. Not sure if it matters but in case it does, I see no reason not to do it.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,288 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

You can check in without printing a boarding pass. You just skip through that part. I have done that on my cell - and then picked up the boarding passes when I checked by luggage.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,154 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

I've picked up the boarding passes when checking the luggage too. But this time we didn't check luggage and didn't need a paper boarding pass at all. The image on the phone did it. We saved some trees and traveled lighter too!

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Speaking of boarding passes...

MKV has computers and printers for all guests to use. I believe there is a small fee to print boarding passes. I usually just check-in on my IPad and then get boarding passes when I check my luggage at the airport.