We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,958 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Not the best snorkeling today, but at least we snorkeled!!!

-Jennifer

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
50 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Sounds like the Olympus TG-2 did not meet your expectation at all, but those photos still look great to me. At least you snorkeled and enjoy your trip!

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

What a nice picture of Kapalua Bay. Sure do wish we were there. And I think I recognize that eel :) Sometimes he'll open his mouth and show his teeth.

Dave

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

I think your snorkel pictures are great! I love the one of the urchin.

I have the Olympus Tough and I have noticed after a whole day in waves and being submerged it will start to look like it has condensation in it, but it hasn't quit working yet.

Thanks for sharing again!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Aloha Jennifer... Your blog is a beautiful greeting in the morning. Our temp was in the 20's last night. I checked MN and it was zero...brrrr.... first day of spring, ha! Hope you're enjoying that balmy Maui weather.

Sorry about the camera. The photos are great though, both above and below the water. I did not get to snorkel this year so, like others, I have been adventuring vicariously with you and slabeaume and others. When we look out at the ocean from our condos, it's hard to imagine the amazing living world beneath. Thanks so much for taking us there.

~Susan

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,942 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Another day of Maui magic, thanks for sharing it again! You do such a nice job of catching the spirit of your family. And your kids are so darn cute it *almost* makes me wish we had young ones at home again!

That blue spine unicorn fish shot is awesome! Looks like he is showing off for you and thinks he is the coolest fish in the ocean!

It is so nice to ride along on your family's spring break. It's about 12°F here, but at least the sky is blue. A recent blogger on here said that the blue sky is her substitute ocean. Guess we can always look at the brighter side. Frequent travels to places like Maui and this forum too, really help!

Aloha

Teri

Edited: 20 March 2013, 13:46
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,684 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Thanks so much for keeping me "warm"! Too bad about the camera...my son's Olympus T was wonderful and plugged along fine. I too think you got some really great shots.

Seattle
Level Contributor
913 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Loved your pictures--for somewhat selfish reasons! We'll be spending a couple days in May at the same place you are. Love seeing the view from your--and hopefully my future-- lanai! All ocean,all the time. Can't wait!

Great logistics, dropping the van off early then walking to breakfast, etc. We'll have to remember that. May do the same, but then walk the other way to the Gazebo one morning (I crave their fried rice with eggs).

Thanks for all the lovely photos! Kapalua is (so far) our favorite snorkeling spot, so fun to see it through your eyes and anticipate our visit.

Best,

S

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Glad you got your first snorkeling day! I thought your photos were awesome, but I'm sorry you aren't happy with the cameras.

I really like your families easy-going, have fun travel style. No big rushes and my favorite photo was Rena and Gavin playing on the lawn. Koa Lagoon has a big lawn and some of our best times have been tossing a frisbee or softball and just relaxing with the kids. Our big kids say the simple memories were and are their best memories. Deb

P.S. Our 23 year old son could care less about photos and getting him in a photo is difficult! Take those photos while it's still possible without threats OR bribes. /-)))

oregon
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

Glad you got to snorkel. I understand being disappointed in a camera but your pictures look good! Thanks for taking us along.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,958 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 3 Maui Blog- snorkeled finally!

I woke up to a text today saying I was missing a 0 degree day in MN on the first day of spring...not sad I'm missing it, but it was supposed to be snow free and warming up by the time I got back! There is still a week and a half though :) Sorry some of you are dealing with the cold!

I am hoping the one camera holds up for the rest of the trip, but I have my doubts since it lets sand into the battery compartment and the charging one also. We will see. The one is a goner. Just disappointing when they are rated so good and they die on the first day! I did bring my Sony with the casing so I'll still be good to go. Glad I can still provide pics to you all...I know how much I love looking at Sue's (Slabeaume) and other pics to get me through to our next visit!

Susan- I could alternate a whale watch and snorkeling every day and be so happy! My kids are little fish themselves so I know I will get to spend time in the water, but after our Monday whale watch, they are so excited for Friday!

Teri..I think I know what you mean...babies are so cute and fun "I almost" want one again. Ha! These times with them are so fun.

Deb, we always do rent one of the villas that walk out on the lawn. When I'm scanning VRBO that is a requirement. It is so nice for us to just walk out and enjoy and it's great having a place for the kids.

Seattle, we find that if we are snorkeling there, it works great to do that and walk to a restaurant. Technically we could walk to the beach, but it gets a bit far with the equipment.

Thanks again for following along!