We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei Kai snorkeling?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
640 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kihei Kai snorkeling?

High we are staying at kihei Kai on the north side of sugar beach. Any snorkeling nearby without having to jump in the car? Thanks

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei Kai snorkeling?

Nothing I'd consider worthy, unfortunately.. There is a reef a ways off of sugar beach, but the water is pretty murky & seems to collect it's fair share of seaweed. The errant snorkeler also has to be careful not to get decapitated (joke, though I've seen some nasty collisions..) by adrenaline-pumped kite surfers, so I find the beach's best utility being a very loooooooooong stroll for those staying near by.

So many incredible options up the road in Makena & even a fair share in south Kihei, that it's definitely worth hopping in the car! :)

Alo)(a, NKO

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei Kai snorkeling?

There is good snorkeling off S. Kihei Rd. right around Ohukai Rd. There is a reef about 50 yds off shore. No seaweed lots of turtles. No facilities. I'm not sure how long of a walk it would be. Wind and kite surfs will be further south of this location.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
640 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei Kai snorkeling?

Great! Looks like it may only be a 15min walk from the condo. :)

4. Re: Kihei Kai snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:17