We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Today was a rainier day....mostly misting though, so not too bad. Well the whales may have taken a day off yesterday, but today they just wouldn't stop. I couldn't look out at the ocean without seeing a breach. It was unbelievable today.

It's the end of week one for us and moving to Lanai for 2 nights tomorrow until we return to Maui on Tuesday for our last 4 days.

Today's blog:

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Kerrville, Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Enjoying your daily blogs and pics! Thank you!!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Loved the family pics... Have a great birthday...how wonderful a birthday on Maui

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Happy Birthday! Looking forward to your photoblog from Lanai.

Texas
Level Contributor
856 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Happy Birthday! Have lots of fun celebrating on Lanai.

We have found one of the major blessings of rain in Hawaii--is that sometimes, you have beaches pretty much to yourself. I am glad you were able to do that.

I love hula pie!

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Just wonderful again! Having Oneloa to yourselves sounds quite romantic. One cool misty day is perhaps a nice contrast in your two week trip. Two weeks on Lanai sounds great, something I've been wanting to do. Looking forward to your reports. Thanks again for sharing your blog.

Happy Birthday!

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Very nice report and pictures. Thanks but you're starting to get to me now with those shots from the Plantation House and Napili bay....seems a long time till our trip in August :)

Level Contributor
36,205 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Love the photos... Have fun on Lanai! :)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,712 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Very nice day only Maui! We live to be on the beach alone and while sun is better, we're not going to be cold with a little grey overcast. What was your drink? That sure did look good! Loved the family shots! Will you post from the Lanai forum tomorrow? Have a blast on Lanai! We are thinking about taking the ferry over and just spending a day, so I'll be interested in your reports. Deb

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Thanks all for the great comments and birthday wishes.

Peacenik- I completely understand...I just love those views!

The weather is supposed to be better now, but yes, I don't mind it and it was great having the beach to ourselves!

Deb- it was the Anuenue....mango and strawberry! And they will make the virgin version- Rena enjoyed that one! I think I could drink them all day long. No calories I'm sure :).

Yes I am planning on posting from Lanai..I assume we will have wifi, but didnt even look! Very excited to be able to explore there more!

Jennifer

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 7 Maui Blog- Rain and very active whales!

Wish we had seen so many on the BI. With that much open water with no one around I would have been in there snorkeling. Looks a little choppy but that was "good" conditions for us on the BI last month. LOL Have a great birthday and I hope you find some fun things to do on Lanai. I took the kids over in August and rented a Hummer and did some 4 wheeling. Couldn't find a whole lot to do other than site see. But there was some cool sites. Lanai doesn't really put a lot of "Tropical" in tropical island. Hope you post some snorkel shots. We have only snorkeled there once and it was in deep water from a boat. Awesomely clear water though.