We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The most powder soft sand beach?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
640 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The most powder soft sand beach?

Which has the most powder soft sand with easy ocean entry for swimming?

Ontario's...
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

I didn't get out to many beaches, but I thought Polo Beach in front of the Kea Lani was great- but what seemed even greater was the parking. There was a free, large lot in front of the south side of the hotel- I think it was off of Old Makena Road, possibly?- that was empty most days. I couldn't believe it. It was only a short walk to the beach and I bet you could even sit on a few Fairmont loungers : ) THe sand was super soft and it had a very gradual slope.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

You will find the most soft powdery beaches in south Maui. Ulua Beach which is in Wailea next to the Wailea Marriott and Maluaka Beach which is in Makena. It fronts the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

Msfuzz and all others, have been wanting to ask this question, now seems like a good time, how do you get to the beaches that front the high end hotels in Wailea? Can you park nearby and walk through the hotels to the beach? Sorry to the OP, not trying to step on toes.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

There are parking lots near several of the beaches in the Wailea area. There's a fairly roomy lot just south of the Grand Wailea -- when you get onto the beach, you're just a few steps from being in front of the resort's pool complex.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 02:36
Ontario's...
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

I put a few pictures about this on my blog.

…blogspot.ca/2013/03/kea-lani-4.html

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

The county has a parking lot between the Four Seasons and G Waliea. Another behind the Fairmont Kea Lani on the south side.

Ulua Beach also has a lot. There are two lots one on either side of the Makena Resort. All of the above lots also have public restrooms, and shower heads.

7. Re: The most powder soft sand beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 05:16