We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got home :(

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Just got home :(

Just got back from Maui and I have the blues now :(

What an amazing time! This was a total last minute planning trip for me (so not the usual) and we started out bumpy (DH got bronchitis on day 2) so we had to scrap some plans..... BUT! we ended up with an even better experience as things totally fell into places we never dreamed.

All in all, a fantastic trip. I'm writing up my trip report right now. I was a big lurker for this trip, but TA was my go to for everything, thanks!!

LA
Level Contributor
10,107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got home :(

It's hard to come home. You have my sympathies.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,625 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got home :(

Glad things got better. Hope your DH fully recovered.

Looking forward to the TR.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got home :(

TA forums can really improve vacations! Glad your DH got better and you had an wonderful trip. Looking forward to your trip report! Deb

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,217 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got home :(

Thanks for taking the time to get that report done. It is hard to do once you get home when "life" takes over, but it can be soothing for the withdrawals too! Have you got a date set for the next trip yet???

California
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got home :(

Oh, I know that feeling!

The only remedy that I have found is to book another trip immediately...even if it is more than a year away as in my case. At least it's something to look forward to!

Happy recovery

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got home :(

Can't wait for the report! I've been in withdrawal all week since we returned as well. Glad all is well and can't wait to find out how things all turned out!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got home :(

Yup, the Maui Blues. They generally hit you like a freight train in the departure lounge at Kahului Airport and hang around for several weeks. Symptoms include checking this forum regularly, having several Maui webcams bookmarked on your computer, and frequent wistful viewing of the photos you took while on vacation. The Maui Blues will diminish after a bit - but they never fully go away until you arrive the next time and step out of the airport into those warm trade breezes and the smell of plumeria.

Glad you had a great vacation. Looking forward to reading your TR.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 22:25
T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got home :(

<<< The Maui Blues will diminish after a bit - but they never fully go away until you arrive the next time and step out of the airport into those warm trade breezes and the smell of plumeria. >>> VC snowbird, I'm not so sure they diminish at all until you have your next trip in the works. It's hitting me hard today!

Sassy, I'll be watching for your trip report & hoping you can start planning your next trip soon!

Aloha

Teri

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got home :(

posted!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k639054…

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got home :(

I feel your pain. Home less than a week,tan is fading and looking at condos for our next trip!