We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Maui in October

Nesconset, New York
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Maui in October

My husband and I are traveling to Maui n October (first Hawaii trip). We love and have stayed at four seasons hotels but looking to pay a bit less for this trip

The RItz Carlton looks great but worried about the weather late October and the distance from everything

Suggestions?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Maui in October

There are lots more upscale resorts in the Wailea area besides Four Seasons. You can also look into The Fairmont Kea Lani, Wailea Beach Marriott, Hotel Wailea.

There is also The Makena Beach and Golf Resort in Makena, just a bit south of the Four Seasons. The Makena resort is a nice and peaceful resort, on a very nice beach, great for snorkeling. This resort is fairly inexpensive (comparing to the Four Seasons).

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Maui in October

Ritz Carlton in October sounds great. About 15 minutes from Lahaina. Not really isolated - but not as walkable as Ka'anapali.

On Ka'anapali Beach (also West Maui) check out the Sheraton and the Hyatt. (For couples, I would recommend the Sheraton.)

Below is a link to a website that will show you aerial views. I generally disregard the commentary. Scroll down and click on the properties that interest you.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Maui in October

Late October is pushing it for great weather in Kapalua. Weather and ocean conditions will be changing over to winter conditions in October. I'd stay at least south of Kahana on the west side of Maui, better yet, would be south Maui. Check out the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

4. Re: Traveling to Maui in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:16