Hi - We are looking for a place to stay on Maui for 10 nights next February and I'm overwhelmed with details about the different areas (Wailea, Lahaina, etc.) and with trying to figure out from condo descriptions if it really is what it says it is (is it really ocean front, or was that picture taken with a zoom lens from one corner of the lanai?). My husband and I will be travelling with our 6-year-old son and my mom, and this will be our first visit to Hawaii.
Understanding we probably won't find one place with everything, this is our wish list:
- Oceanfront with great views from the lanai (we want to see and hear the ocean)
- Really fun pool for 6-year-old
- Nice beach for walking and swimming
- Close proximity (preferably walking) to restaurants and grocery shopping
- Updated and clean with 2BR/2BA, washer/dryer
- Not terribly far from activities like whale watching, snorkeling, biking (we will have a car)
- Area not too crowded
We are prepared to spend up to $800 per night including taxes and fees, but would really rather be less than that.
Any suggestions, recommendations, tips, etc. about the areas or properties that would be a good fit for our family would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!Edited: 16 April 2013, 05:04