We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best roadside food?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best roadside food?

We'll be in Maui in May and are looking for some of Maui's best roadside food stands/markets/etc. Any suggestions? We'll be staying in Wailea but happy to adventure around the island! Thanks very much.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,958 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best roadside food?

Huli huli chicken, on Saturdays in Kihei, north end by the green church.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best roadside food?

every fourth Friday Kihei throws a town party with many of the food trucks. the longest line is always Gogi Korean Taco's. many restaurants have booths too and of course a couple of fun beer gardens. next one is April 26th. if your in Wailea on one of these events their worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/KiheiFridays

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best roadside food?

Banana bread on the way to Hana!!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best roadside food?

Geste Shrimp truck-Kahului harbor

Level Contributor
34,979 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best roadside food?

If you do The Road To Hana there are lots of great places! If you like ice cream, don't miss Coconut Glen's! :)

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,570 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best roadside food?

Ditto the banana bread along the RTH. My daughter kept eating it along the way (they are small loaves), so we kept stopping at different places for it. Although some were clear favorites, you won't go wrong buying any. We also loved the huli huli chicken along the RTH. Some guys set up their grill in a turn-out; you'll see the sign.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,337 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best roadside food?

Love Aunt Sandy's banana bread, she's located in Keanae, which is also off the Hana Hwy.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
945 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best roadside food?

Geste Shrimp Truck in Kahului Harbor

Outrigger Pizza Co in Lahaina and Kihei 2 days each a week

Jaws Taco Truck in Makena

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,815 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best roadside food?

Macadamia nut brittle - Road to Hana. Killer! Everyone else on the tour bus went for the banana bread ... I got the brittle. I won!

Edited: 17 April 2013, 21:04
Seattle
Level Contributor
908 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best roadside food?

Hope you don't mind a little "hijack", Eliz, but I also have a roadside food question. We are on Maui Sat midday to Sat midday. So it may be hard to do the Sat huli chicken guy, and my mouth waters everytime someone mentions it....is there anyone/anywhere else to get huli huli chicken NOT on Saturday? (we are Kapulua 2 days, and Wailea for 5, not averse to driving for food, though I don't think we're planning RTH this trip)

Thx, S

Edited: 17 April 2013, 21:53