We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Maui

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sheraton Maui

How booked are them? Do you have problem getting upgrades?

Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Maui

When I booked my reservation with the hotel (online) I had confirmed a mountain view room. I am part of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and got an upgrade when I checked in. I think if you are a member (free) and they have upgrades available they will do it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Maui

What kind of room did you end up with? We are SPG members and booked our stays with points. We just want to make sure that we will be upgraded to something better than the mountain view rooms.

Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Maui

It was an ocean view with a king bed. I cannot remember what building it was in but it had a nice view in my opinion. It wasn't one of the rooms next to black rock but it was on that side. Kind of more like in the middle but with a good view.

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Maui

We just got back from our stay at the Sheraton and were upgraded from an ocean view room to the deluxe ocean front rooms in building 6. I didnt even show them my SPG card or let them know about our anniversary, it was just done and handled when I got there! Gotta love that!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Maui

I would love to have ocean front room! Our biggest concern is that the hotel is booked solid and won't be able to upgrade us.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Maui

How does one sign up to become a SPG member?

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Maui

MNR,

Go to starwood.com or sheraton.com and sign up

Malibu, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Maui

We are considering staying at the Sheraton because I was told the rooms are bigger than the Westin BUT my kids love the Westin pool. I thought I heard a few years back that Sheraton guests could use the Westin pool, is this really allowed? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
554 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Maui

The Sheraton guests can use the Westin pool because they are both Starwood properties. At the Sheraton Maui, I prefer the oceanview of buildings 1, 2, 3 or 4 because they are close to the sand beach. Building 6 is on the cliff and has a great view, but is a bit of a walk down to the beach. I declined the upgrade when it was offered.

indianapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Maui

You may need to confirm this with the properties. My sister is going in December and they told her that the pool sharing option has been discontinued...who knows??