We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More updates of our trip

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
More updates of our trip

Yesterday we did The Road to Hana and we survived. Such beautiful sites, saw the red sand beach, a black sand beach, waterfalls, 7 pools, the painted eucalyptus trees, they were so beautiful . We stopped at roadside markets and bought more apple bananas, mangos, candied coconut etc. we wanted to try the ice cream bananas, but they were sold out....it was a long day but worth it.

Today we did a kayak trip with South Pacific Kayaks, at Makena Landing,we also snorkelled and saw sea turtles an octopus and beautiful coral and fish.

We are eating at Leilani's as we want to try the Hula Pie and go to Whalers Plaza to buy some of those yummy cookies. May try the Gazebo for breakfast to more as people we have met suggested it. We are not looking forward to leaving on Sunday.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More updates of our trip

You are in for a treat with the Shortbread Honolulu Cookies in the shape of a Pineapple.. The shop gives out samples of the flavors. Makes a great gift to take home, if you don't eat them first.

Enjoy your dinner at Leilani's and save room for Hula Pie, it's huge!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,183 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More updates of our trip

CAnative beat me to it... those cookies... be careful! Buy an extra box and stick it in your suitcase, at the very bottom, and it will have a better chance of making it home. Such nice boxes too!

Don't think about Sunday yet. Just enjoy every day as it comes!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More updates of our trip

Thank you for your replies...can't wait to try those cookies.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More updates of our trip

So glad you had fun on the RTH! The cookies can help lesson the pain of leaving.......it works for me. My husband now has a taste for them and my at home stash did not last as long as it should have! Just enjoy every minute of the rest of your vacation!!! Deb

Seattle
Level Contributor
913 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More updates of our trip

Did you also snorkel at Makena Landing or different spot? Sounds like a winning location! Thanks for the report!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,580 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More updates of our trip

Take care...those cookies are dangerous! FYI, they ship! :-) A large box is my go-to office gift for work, last year they arrived a little late and when I showed up with a tan and NO cookies my first day back I was nearly drawn and quartered!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More updates of our trip

Yes, mamma my daughter bought a box for people at her work, they heard about them , so she didn't want to go back without a box....they are addict ing and so delicious. At the store the man told us we could get them shipped to Canada too.

Seattle badger, we snorkelled at two different spots, one was near Makena and it was near some rock formations, great snorkelling , just past the dark sand beach of Makena .

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More updates of our trip

Sounds like a gorgeous trip...I look forward to more updates!

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More updates of our trip

If you are like me, you will start thinking about your return trip on Saturday night....

Enjoy the rest of your visit.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More updates of our trip

Yes, my daughters who are with me are in their 20 s, are already planning what we should do when we return, this is our first trip to Maui, but we don't want it to be our last.