We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sad to leave

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Sad to leave

Well we ate at Kimos tonight, had a great waiter and a sat by the rail. Delicious seafood, and of course Hula pie for desert.....we did share it. Had a little walk around Lahaina then back to the condo. Did a cleanup in the condo, laundry etc. tomorrow we leave beautiful Maui. We will take wonderful memories with us, along with some Maui coffee, Honolulu cookies, macadamia nuts etc.

Thanks to all who helped us make this a special trip for myself and my two daughters.Maui will always be a special place for us. We hope to return....must start planning a trip LOL

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sad to leave

Sounds like a perfect ending to a wonderful trip! I agree that the only thing that takes the sting out of leaving maui is the planning of the next trip! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! It's fun to live vicariously through you when my trip is still 5 weeks away!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,390 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sad to leave

Now you know how many of us survive.... Having the next trip planned before we already leave... Or shortly after! Glad the trip was so wonderful. Can't replace those memories with your daughters for anything.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sad to leave

I know the feeling.

I got home 2 weeks ago and am planning my next trip already. Fortunately DH loves Maui as I do.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,875 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sad to leave

Aloha to you and your daughters, Canadasunny! It has been a wonderful trip.

Mahalo

Teri

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,434 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sad to leave

So glad you enjoyed your stay!! Safe travels and happy planning for the next one.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sad to leave

Safe travels home! I am glad that are able to dream about that next trip. It is a long ways for you to get to Hawaii, but so worth it once you see that first sunset there.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sad to leave

Yeah, that last night and putting off, putting off, putting off the packing! Don't wanna drag the suitcase out of the closets where we stuck them so enthusiastically days or weeks earlier. Glad you enjoyed your time on the island...she will call you to return!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sad to leave

Thanks for sharing with us Canadasunny and so happy you had such an awesome time on Maui with your daughters! It helps immensely to be able to dream about the next trip and until then, I find our vacation photos playing on a digital frame in our bedroom brings me back even when at home! Oh and painting our home's interior rooms the colors of the black sand beach helps too! Uh yeah.....I could go on forever with coping mechanisms! Enjoy those cookies.......jealous. :-))) Deb

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,875 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sad to leave

Deb, so funny! I've been using pictures of Waianapanapa Beach as color inspiration in my house for the last several years too. I get the photos up on my phone when shopping. Even the clothes in my closet coordinate!

Too bad I can never get that beautiful light, though. I am thinking I need to find ways to use glass and light and stone, and maybe even a water feature inside to come a little closer to that Black Sand Beach feeling!

Edited: 21 April 2013, 16:45
NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sad to leave

Oh yes we all know that feeling all too well.

Glad you had such a wonderful trip and yes planning the next one is essential.