We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween in Lahaina 2013

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween in Lahaina 2013

We are very excited to be in Maui this year during Halloween. I already have a costume and even my 80 yr old mom is going to wear a mask! I have not been able to find anything yet however, on whether they are going to have bus transportation from the Napili area this year, as they did last year. On the website it still shows last years schedule, Can anyone advise me where to look further for the schedule for the keiki parade, times Front St is blocked off and if they will have the buses running?

Again..Mahalo!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,585 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

You are going to have to wait awhile! The Halloween celebration in Lahaina Town has been an off and on again thing with much political debate for the last several years!

It kinda went over the top side ways and they canned the whole thing because of costs.

I believe they at least reinstated the wonderful children's parade last year.

Keep an eye on www.mauinow.com and mauinews.com for updates to come.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

In addition to the two great links mama provided, there is also a hosted site:

http://www.lahainahalloween.com/

& facebook page (if you have a fb account) www.facebook.com/lahaina.maui.halloween

Always a blast to be on island during this awesome celebration! ;)

Alo)(a, NKO

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
57,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

Aloha,

Mamma...........the keiki parade was never cancelled or stopped-just the Front St. mass jam after the kid's parade, and the various adult costume contests.

Over the objections of the Cultural Resource Commission and Na Kupuna O Maui, the adult theme stuff returned 2 years ago. It has extra security and some things were moved away from sacred sites, others were shortened in time, and some other changes made to try and make all sides happy.

So far, it isn't the all out craziness the night had become..........here's hoping it stays that way.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

I think the Keiki parade has been organized by The Soroptomist for about 35 years straight. It starts by Hard Rock.

For transportation schedules I would check with Roberts Hawaii because they run the County bus system.

Halloween in Lahaina started over 35 years ago without anyone sponsering or organizing it. It has been through many stages of organization every since. Food booths have come and gone, t-shirts have come and gone, bands on the street,

costume contests, permits . At one point the extra police were being privately paid for by an organizer.

One very constant thing is the keiki parade and the fact that people will just show up whether it is promoted or not.

Who can remember "Whaling Days" in Lahaina?

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

Mahalo for all the info and tips! I will keep an eye on the websites you all shared with me.

Thanks again!

Portland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

I would like to reserve or buy tickets to shuttle bus from Kihei to front street for Halloween for 3

how can I do this from the mainland or online

any tips would be appreciated

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

There isn't a schedule or cost yet for any shuttle that may run this year. Check mauinow.com around the 5th or so of October.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

thanks SW.. I have been on visitlahaina.com waiting for the updates as well, and still nothing about transportation or the schedule of events, they still show 2012. I will keep checking as well

thanks again

Cindy

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

It's "Maui time", Cindy, LOL. I suspect it will be closer to the 15th or 20th by the time they get it together.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 22:31
Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halloween in Lahaina 2013

no worries..I will be in Maui on "maui time" on the 28th of Oct so we will just roll with it...can't wait

if you see a woman with a black mardi gras mask and a black tutu that lights up with blue lights, stop and introduce yourself, SW...That's IF I take the dare my hubby made to wear the tutu LOL