We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Topic
Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Is the Ritz considered to be a little nicer, more upscale hotel than the Fairmont. We are booked at the Fairmont for June, I am having 2nd thoughts due to some reviews I am reading. (I know two different areas). Also would the Kapalua area be good weather this time of the year?

Thanks for any thoughts....

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Four Seasons is #1 and Ritz is #2. I like the Fairmont just fine too. Not fond of the Grand Wailea. Both Wailea and Kapalua would be nice in June, but if you plan to tour the island, Wailea is the more convenient location.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,449 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

The Ritz would be considered a step up from the Fairmont. From what I hear, the Ritz hasn't been doing well in the review department either but haven't personally checked them out. I wouldn't change my reservations unless I knew I wanted to be in Kapalua, which, is gorgeous during the summer months.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Kapalua in the summer time is gorgeous. And despite a few less than stellar reviews of late, the Ritz-Carlton is still a pretty special place. The Fairmont is a very nice resort, but if the Kapalua / Ritz experience is what you were wanting, I'd say stick with it.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

The weather in June is changeable. Which some people love. There is a dominant wind which is why the trees are bent. Some people love this.

The Ritz is set back from the beach.

Those would be some observations.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

Have stayed at both..like them both...if I had to choose, I'd choose the Ritz...especially in June. Both hotels you walk down to the beach...the Ritz is further though although didn't bug me and you can use a courtesy golf cart shuttle back and forth. I only stay in Kapalua now after several years in Wailea.

california
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

I have also stayed at both and will again in May-June this year. I like the Fairmont more cuz of the location, Husband likes the Ritz better. It just depends on what your going to do, We like to relax, drink and eat with some adventures. But to me the differents is the beach walk and all suites for the Fairmont. I think both places treat you the same and cost the same. This trip our son (24) with be joining us when we are at the Fairmont his doesn't like the Ritz's nothing for him to do there. Hope this helps.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

i vote for the ritz, but would rather be at the four seasons..

Edited: 04 May 2013, 07:36
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

I would go with the Fairmont... Better beach condition... And doesn't take you 15 minutes to walk there.

9. Re: Ritz vs. Fairmont Kea Lani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 07:18