We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

Wife and I just back from our 12th trip to the islands. Stayed at the Westin Villa again and they never disappoint. This trip was very difficult on us as we unexpectantly lost my younger sister in January after a back surgery. She and her husband traveled often with us and last year we had a great 15 day trip to Hawaii. They had not been back since 1985 Honeymoon. She so looked forward to another trip but now that will never happen. We decide to take this trip because she would have wanted us to. But oh so tough every day.

We really did not do a lot other than eat in every night as we have visited most all the restaurants in West Maui and had grills at the Westin along with preparing great fish at the villa. Spent our days getting up, taking a long walk, going down to the pool etc. Each evening we sat on the grass with cocktails watching the sun set. Then we ventured back to the villa to eat and sit on our balcony. Maui is a special place and we will return again next year hopefully with not such heavy hearts. Miss you and Love you Crystal. We know your are smiling down on us from Heavenly Hawaii. Mahalo

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,692 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

So sorry to hear that...hope Maui sunsets helped a little. I'm just glad she got to experience the time with you last year.

Level Contributor
36,934 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

Sounds very relaxing, Maui is magical! :)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,210 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a peaceful, relaxing trip...sometimes just what we need. Hold on to your memories and know she is with you glad that you can enjoy the places she loved.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

I am so sorry for your loss. Making the most of every day is the best medicine and it sounds like your vacation was the perfect remedy to the sadness you were feeling. Doing nothing together on Maui is very healing. I have learned to make plans and hope one day at a time we are able to follow through. Thanks for sharing. Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

My condolences to you and your family. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

Thank you for letting us know about your beloved Crystal and how her loss was such a big part of your trip. Your activity level sounded just right. All good wishes for you as you continue to heal.

~Susan

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

Sorry for loss. Maui is a beautiful place and it sounds like that is exactly what you needed.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

My condolences to you and your family. The getaway sounds like just what you needed...Maui is beautiful!

9. Re: Trip Report April 25th-May 5th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:16