We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,758 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

A lot of you will already know that we had to cancel our trip to Maui this past February due to medical reasons. Well, the medical situation is better, although not gone. But because we all know the magic of Maui, and some of us know on a personal level how dear life can be, my husband and I are grabbing life and making the most of it by going to Maui anyway!!!

We have had to change the plans though. Instead of our three weeks (one week on Kauai before heading to Maui for two more weeks) we will only have ten days on Maui. But I am ecstatic that my husband is willing to go for even that long! He will be due for another treatment as soon as we get home in early October, so ten days is just fine, thank you very much!

But I did want to send out my thanks for the support I have received here, from so many of you, and for all the prayers for his recovery. We managed to find an insurance company to cover my husband's medical, with a preexisting condition, and that helped a lot with the decision to go ahead. I have the flights booked, the condo booked, still need to deal with the car when I get a few minutes, but wanted to get my thanks out there first. I am just soooo happy right now!

Thanks again, the TA community really is amazing!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,365 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

Yeah Joan! So happy to hear! And yes life is precious and grab every moment. Very happy for you both!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

As I mentioned on the red mittens thread, soooo happy for you!!! What a feel good moment for all of us :)

~Susan

Socal
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

Yay!! Great to hear it!! Enjoy every bit of your time on the island.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

YEE-friggin-HAW!!

I'd venture to guess most people's worst nightmare is having to cancel a trip for ANY reason, but especially due to illness. You deserve a second chance!! ENJOY!!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

Congratulations! I hope you have a fantastic time :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

You go for it! It's always "healthy" to have something to look forward to. (And I had a great day in Victoria, BTW!)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

Yeaaaah! How the official countdown begins!!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

This is the post I have been looking forward to seeing for such a long time.......so happy for you both!!! It's been a long winter for your family, and you two deserve a Maui break! It's going to be such fun!!! Deb

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

That is totally awesome!!

You both have something magical and soothing to look forward to.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A big MAHALO; we have rebooked September!

Can't wait for Sept/Oct..look forward to ya'll being on island. This is a post to celebrate. Happy happy.