We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui and Kauai for Honeymoon

New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Maui and Kauai for Honeymoon

We are trying to split up our nights for our honeymoon in October to Maui and Kauai...Wonder if we should do 5 nights in each or 6 and 4 and if so 6 nights in Maui or Kauai. We don't always like to sit by the pool and do like to get out and explore the islands. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Molokini and Turtle Arches Snorkeling...
139 Reviews
from US$110.55*
Free Cancellation
Molokini Sail and Snorkel Adventure
150 Reviews
from US$117.52*
Free Cancellation
Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkeling...
74 Reviews
from US$79.95*
Free Cancellation
Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Maui and Kauai for Honeymoon

I haven't been to Maui yet. We're going for the first time in a few weeks. But, I have been to Kauai and Oahu. We did 7 days Oahu 3 Kauai and Kauai was not nearly enough. I'd consider doing all in one trip or adding a few days and making it 6 and 6.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maui and Kauai for Honeymoon

Great idea. Both places are different. So get the best of both. Split it 5/5. See if you can fly into one. Out from the other. It may be possible.

I enjoy Kauai. We go to Maui often, my DH prefers and I do like it.

Best wishes,have a wonderful time. many good travel books are available.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Maui and Kauai for Honeymoon

like beachbum, we are going on our honeymoon in October, 5 days in Maui, 5 in Kauai. As you do the planning, you will probably realize that 5 days for each isnt enough, but that just means youll have to plan a return trip!

Given the amount of driving you could do in Maui (for haleakala national park, road to Hana) it really depends on your personal preferences. We are staying in west Maui when there, and I think will save the Road to Hana for a different trip, becuase thats a full day and want to at least relax a little bit.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
14. Re: Maui and Kauai for Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:20