We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Day #6

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
678 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Day #6

Today was another "field trip" day and the girls decided on the Maui Ocean Center. I had thought we would leave Honua Kai by 9:00 but we didn't leave until 10:30. I went for a short beach walk while the teenagers got themselves ready. The wind was calmer this morning than yesterday morning but based on the high surf warnings for the area tomorrow - Thursday, I'm guessing that it may not be the case for Tuesday.

We really enjoyed the aquarium and since it was only $8 for the 5 of us, we got the audio units too. I bought the tickets online yesterday at a bit of a savings too. I think we spent about an hour and half there. It was fun to learn something about the reefs and fish we have been seeing while snorkeling.

I wanted to see South Maui to see if we would want to stay there for our next visit, so we packed a lunch and drove to Wailea Beach. We ate on the grassy hill area before the beach. We also lucked out and got a prime parking spot. After we ate we went to the Shops of Wailea and of course had Lapperts Ice Cream. I love that place. We decided we all like where we are staying best!

I am now sitting on the our lanai deciding if I want to swim in the ocean or pool. I'm hoping to talk my husband into a snorkel while the conditions are still good but he is fading fast! Dinner is whatever we have in the condo for a meal enjoying our fabulous view.

Tomorrow is another resort day and Blackhawks game at the Westin bar. I think next stay we will stay at there but HK is lovely as well! There was a reason I picked HK over the Westin and I'm thinking it was price.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,774 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Day #6

We're watching the Blackhawks game right now :o((((( Hoping they can turn it around pretty quick, for you and their fans.

Glad you managed to get out some more today. I remember being at Lappert's last year on Mother's Day. They were giving away free ice cream to all the moms. How cool is that!

Enjoy your evening, whatever it brings!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Day #6

Ahhhh yes! Herding teens is always an adventure! It only gets hairy when you have an excursion planned! Glad you are enjoying the HK and the Westin...they are both wonderful resorts. You should have seen the Westin set-up for the superbowl! Amazing!

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Day #6

The Westin Sports Bar is awesome! They even have the sound on for games. We have had a blast watching games there. My husband is up for some snorkeling so off to see some fish we go! Teens are staying in the room to watch TV and relax so I will actually get to 100% enjoy myself without having to watch them in the water.

Michigan
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Day #6

I was wondering how you got 5 people into the Maui Ocean Center for $8. What a bargain.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Day #6

Sorry for confusion- we added audio sets and it is $8 for up to 6 units. It was otherwise an expensive couple of hours!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,916 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Day #6

Another great day in paradise!! Thanks for the report. Surfs up so you may want to head out to Kapalua or Honolua Bay's for snorkeling for the next couple of days!!

Duluth MN
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Day #6

That grassy hill area before the beach? That was where my wife and I got married in '96. :) Every time we visit Maui, we make it a point to revisit that special place, and walk the Wailea beachwalk.

My ex coworker stayed with her husband at the Honua Kai this year and they loved it!

Lee

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Day #6

Yes, that was it! I'll be posting a tripwow when we get home tomorrow! I have a dreams of my daughters getting married at Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu!

9. Re: Maui Day #6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:15