We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

So the high surf warning didn't impact Kaanapali Beach as dramatically as I thought. Although the water looked calm, the waves were more "swirly" than the one direction like they had been. My husband and daughter did snorkel a bit but he wasn't comfortable with the currents. It may have been better a bit further out but without floatation belts he didn't want to go out far.

The older girls and I went spent the morning and early afternoon just swimming by the Sheraton. The water was calmer there. Later the 3 girls just hung out under the trees and buried themselves in the sand.

By 3:00 it was Blackhawks time at the Westin! A loss for us but another enjoyable afternoon none the less. Not much planned for the evening except a quick trip to Safeway to get a couple of things for dinner. We are going to finish up our leftovers and eat out tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is a 9:00am parasailing trip for the 5 of us which means an 8:30 arrival at Kaanapali Beach Resort. I could have booked an 11:00 one but tomorrow is our last full day and I want the teenagers up early but don't tell them that!

I think I'll go for a quick walk while they are gone! I have lost 20 lbs since the middle of February and I have been eating nothing but bread and sweets since May 26th. I am hoping the walking and swimming will make the weight gain minimal! Fingers crossed!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

I like your vacation style; a few planned activities with a lot of "go with the flow" time.

Congratulations on your weight loss, BTW. Hopefully the swimming and walking are compensating for the sweets.

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

The parasailing sounds really fun... have a great time! :)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

I forget about parasailing...the last couple years I've only been on Maui during whale time, so they don't do it then. Hope you all had fun! Me- I like to stay closer to the ground :)

Congrats on the weight loss..I had pland for before this summer's Hawaii trip, but I haven't done very much. I do find that although we have ice cream almost every day on Hawaii, I don't gain because of the walking and snorkeling etc. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,108 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

That's a great way to start your last day on Maui! Hope to see some pretty cool pictures on a tripwow once you get back home and caught up with stuff!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,996 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

Have a great time with the para-sailing!! Those girls are going to have a blast. Congrats on the weight loss, oh...........if only I could say the same!!

6. Re: Maui Day #7- just a day the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:18