We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui time day one

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Maui time day one

We touched down on Maui on time 2:15 pm caught the shuttle over to Enterprise walked right up to the counter no heavy sales pitch headed out in our Nissan Versa.

Our first stop was going to be Walmart but hunger had set in so we headed to Da Kitchen unfortunately it was Sunday and closed.disappointment set in and my husband tired from traveling and grumpy because he is hungry says he can not face Walmart on a empty stomach. We end up at Mickey D's oh well at least the hungry bear got fed LOL.

After a $100 bucks at Walmart we headed to Honokowai to our condo at Nohonani traffic was not bad and there were tons of families at all the beach parks we passed but it was Fathers Day .

Our condo is really nice very well stocked with a nice updated kitchen and all tile floors which I love I hate carpeting especially at the beach. It does not have AC but there is a good cross breeze the lanai gets a little hot at about 3pm for a couple hours but it cools down nice after that inside is fine.

We were tired did not feel like going out to eat so went to Foodland picked up some Huli Huli chicken, salad stuff and French bread for dinner plus some other stuff including Roselani Haupia and Kona Mud Pie ice cream and spent another $150. I am amazed at how much a bag of salad mix costs here $6 on sale.

When we got home there was a huge sea turtle up on the beach in front of our condo we were respectful and kept our distance but it was amazing it had to have weighed hundreds of pounds.

The beach in front of Nohonani is small but nice and there are sandy areas to get in the water and lots of turtles we are loving it and loving our beachfront lanai.

It is so awesome to be back.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,085 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui time day one

So happy for you and your return to Maui. Looking forward to your reports.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui time day one

>>It is so awesome to be back.<<

Makes *me* feel awesome that you're back. Man, you've waited over two years, I couldn't do that. :) Already with the turtles, the haupia ice cream and the huli huli. I'll say, yes, you're back.

And I feel your joy also because you're a Napili lover like we are and I know the feeling you get driving that lower honoapiilani rd for the first time. Enjoy it, savor it.

I do look forward to hearing more of your trip it will be interesting hearing your take on Makenna. Ive never stayed in South Maui but I often think of a second trip for whale season possibly staying at the MB&GR.

Dave

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui time day one

Woo Hoo, UNCMOM's ride along has begun! Looking forward to your updates and hope you have many awesome sunsets in the days to come.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui time day one

Yeah! So glad you are finally there and I can get my fix on your trip! Just need a little bit until we are there in Kapalua in July. Thanks for writing a report!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui time day one

Wow! A great way to start, with a big turtle to welcome you HOME!! And huli huli chicken, and Roselani ice cream! Nice! Hope you enjoyed that first sunset from your lanai!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui time day one

"It is so awesome to be back."

Seven simple words and I almost cried. I feel your happiness. As long as I have been on these forums, you have patiently waited your turn to go to Maui. I am so happy you are on that island and I love that meal.....huli huli chicken and Rosalani ice cream! Nothing better than a beachfront lanai, turtles and enough beach to enjoy the ocean. Thanks for the awesome ride along report mom! Deb

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui time day one

I am sooo excited for you!!! Your excitement is definitely infectious! :) That turtle on shore was kind of like the icing on the big ole cake that is Maui! Looking forward to reading more if your trip report to bridge the gap to mine in 3 more weeks!!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui time day one

Glad you are there and settled in. Enjoy your turtles as you get your lanai time. Yumyum Roselain, what a way to start the vacation.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui time day one

Sounds divine, have a wonderful trip!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui time day one

Enjoy your trip...ohh I would live to see the sea turtles again, such divine creatures.