We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report-Day 7

Jackson, California
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report-Day 7

Day 7.....it was moving day and wedding day! We had to pack up and move from a studio villa to a one bedroom villa today. At first I was feeling frustrated and challenged with this because we also had to get ready for DH's cousins wedding which my daughter was the flower girl. The Westin Villas are very strict with their check time of 10 and we didn't have to be at the wedding until 2:30, so being "homeless" for a few hours was the challenge. However, everything happens for a reason! A little after noon yesterday there was a terrible accident (thank goodness no fatalities, but one man suffered critical injuries) on the highway which closed down the road for about 4 hours. Since we had to leave at 10 we were not affected by this, like other wedding guests were. In our "homeless" hours we drove thru Paia and went to watch the surfers for awhile. After that we stopped at Pinatas in Kahaluhi for a quick lunch. Great mexican food, great service, great price ($41 for the 4 of us). After lunch we had to meet up with friends at Sugar Beach to do DD's hair for the wedding. We were all able to use their condo to change into our wedding clothes. The wedding was held at Sugarman's Estate in Makena (I am told Steven Tyler lives next door). This were about 150 guests that came to Maui for this event. It was beautiful! The location was AMAZING! It was a wonderful evening and my DD loved being the flower girl, loved the attention, and loved dancing until 9:45pm! Made the drive back to the Westin and re-checked in. So happy to be in a 1 bedroom for the remainder of our trip. Looking forward to a relaxing day today!

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
The Westin Maui Resort...
5,477 Reviews
Maui, HI
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Sugar Beach Resort
Sugar Beach Resort
668 Reviews
Maui, HI
Makena Beach
Makena Beach
775 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report-Day 7

Sounds like the wedding was wonderful. I've been stuck on the highway during an accident, you were very lucky you weren't on the other side at the time!! Of course, getting stuck on that highway isn't all that bad unless you had to be somewhere at a certain time!!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,430 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report-Day 7

Sounds like your lucky day. A wedding on Maui must be beautiful. Glad you had a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,902 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report-Day 7

What a busy fun and memory making day for your daughter and the family.

Enjoy your 1 br.. and the rest of your vacation.

Level Contributor
37,740 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report-Day 7

Sounds like a nice time, thanks for the report! :)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report-Day 7

Sounds like a wonderful day. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

6. Re: Trip Report-Day 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18