We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadside Chicken

Ontario, Oregon
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Roadside Chicken

There is a roadside chicken vendor on the left hand side of the road when traveling to Ka'anapali. We stopped there once and it was delicious! Does anyone know which days they are there? We will be there next week and don't want to miss them.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadside Chicken

Huli Huli Chicken is sold roadside on Saturdays and Sundays, go early usually sold out by mid afternoon.

Edited: 06 July 2013, 16:29
Ontario, Oregon
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadside Chicken

Thank you!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roadside Chicken

The area is a total dust bowl because of construction. It does not look appetizing.

Also because of the road construction the road is very narrow and they (the chicken vendors) are sticking a sandwich board advertising sign in the bike and pedestrian path. So people walking, biking or mopeding on the side of the road have to swerve in the road. It is an accident waiting to happen.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roadside Chicken

Aloha,

Gawd, the endless road project is getting sooooooooooo old, isn't it??!! They have finally started staking the new sidewalk down in that stretch, though.The contractors are making a bloody fortune on this project.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roadside Chicken

Is the road project a part of the bypass?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roadside Chicken

No it is not part of the bypass . It goes along the side of Hwy 30 by Waihikuli State park by the main Lahaina Post Office and Civic Center.

It is the same area they dug up for fibre optics. and now I think it is to do with the sewer. But they seem to be redoing it to correct a recent mistake. They have a temporary jog in the road and a lit arrow that makes some cars want to merge. Just drive very carefully, it is confusing even without people using the bike lane.

Hey i am such an old timer . . . here is a question for you all.

Who remembers when they dug up the road through Honokowai and then had to dig it up immediately

to correct the direction of the pipes? I think it was the early 1980's . We wanted to print a t-shirt "I survived the road thru Honokowai". The road was a mess for months.

Ontario, Oregon
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Roadside Chicken

We were there last June and that same area was under construction! I assumed they would be done by now. Can anyone recommend a different place to get the Huli Huli chicken? I have been looking forward to it.

8. Re: Roadside Chicken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:18