This count began at at around 335 days, so it feels very close now!!! So close in fact that I contemplated packing my bag......the sun has been gone for awhile and I realize we could be on the downside of my need for summer clothes. I decided to hold off.......
It got me thinking about what I could accomplish now to get ready long-term for our three week trip to Oahu and Maui. I have a few to do's on my list now that will help me be better prepared. I was curious if you had any to add! There have been several threads lately about short term prep, but I haven't seen one of this nature.
1. Become comfortable using my new camera and especially the self-timer and tripod.
2. Delete as many photos off my iPhone as possible to make it easier to sort through new vacation photos for trip report blog.
3. Become more knowledgeable about driving on Oahu by driving the island on Google maps.
4. Toss any items I will need into my carry-on........if I do not need them at home.
5. I found my way back to the gym treadmill because I cannot hike every day of the week, but I can use incline to stay in shape for the hikes I want to do on Maui.
6. Begin checking the MACC calendar weekly for events.
7. Clean bad photos off the desktop to make it easier to sort through new vacation photos. Become more knowledgable about my camera editing programs now.
8. Organize my trip files saves so they make sense and the info is current. Begin the list of "Must Do's" and " want to to do's".
9. Inspired by RachelandJoel....... Learn how to make a YouTube video and get comfortable using the film function on my fancy camera!
Yes......while the vacation is close, it is still not close enough. Do you have any tips to help a person get ready now, for a vacation still in the distance? Deb
P.S. I encourage everyone to please do trip reports for those of us waiting for our turn on Maui......Lol!!!