We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tears Flowing :-(....

california
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Topic
Tears Flowing :-(....

Well, today I had a meltdown at work. STRESSFUL and VERY FRUSTRATING. I couldn't get home quick enough to do this post. Do you ever have those days when you have to deal with ignorance and stupidity? Today was the day for me. Vaca is just not coming fast enough. UGGGH. I am 6 weeks out from my Maui trip. I needed a mental getaway. I excused myself and went into the ladies room and cried. I honestly got on TA Maui form on my IPhone just to take me away from my problems. I read a few threads just to medicate myself for a moment. Thanks to every thread I read today. There were posts that made me visualize Maui as if I was truly there. I have gone for the past 7 years straight. It is like a 2 home to me. I really felt the cool trade wind breezes and smelled the plumeria. It was such a lifesaver. I love the ALOHA SPIRIT. It honestly works outside of the hawaiian islands. Today it wasn't Calgan that took me away, it was TA-Maui Form. Thanks a thousand times over.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

Sorry you had such a lousy day mauiluver....This forum is indeed a great escape. If you haven't seen it already, I suggest you watch videos posted by Rachel&Joel - "15 days edited down to 4 1/2 mins" is the post title. It's from a few days ago. Links on post to short and longer version.

Don't worry 6 wks will go pretty fast!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

This forum is such a relief when life is getting in the way of my peace of mind.......I completely understand. My work has been centered at our airport for well over a year now. During visitor season, it is a zoo. It is frustrating to maneuver an extremely heavy cart around meandering customers through a concourse and every day at around noon, the HNL direct passengers begin to arrive. I can spot them a mile away and on good days........I am so happy for them. On tough days, I just want to grab their boarding pass and take their place!

Hang in there! You are now so close! This forum is so much better than a newspaper on break. I am looking forward to your trip reports! Deb

california
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

Thank you. I did. I watched both videos that they posted. Very calming for me. No tissues needed. Just sat and watched. Seriously.

Whittier...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

Believe me I hear u ...ill be in maui in 13 days and it can't come fast enough..

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

Mauilover, you're not alone. We've had a week of ignorant customers wanting, wanting and wanting. I had one today abuse me because his car wasn't finished by 3pm. I apologised, saying the job was longer than expected because of the problem and I had to take an hour off for a pre-booked doctor's appointment. He replied that I should have done that after hours or at the weekend. I explained that the surgeon that's going to take a section out of my cancerous insides didn't open on Sundays. The guy blushed with embarrasment, but that soon turned to abuse when we pushed his car out the front and told him to tow it away. He yelled "Who's gonna' fix my car?". I explained "Wnen I'm dead, You'll only find another mechanic, so I'm fast-tracking the event for you!" Can't repeat the rest, but suffice to say if he follows my directions, he'll need the same surgeon to retreive his car, haha! Amazing how some things alter your capacity to suffer fools in your life. He took 2 hours from me that I'll never be able to get back. I hate time thieves now.

5 days, 23 hours and 36 minutes from now we lift off for our next Hawaiian adventure. That "carrot on the stick" is what keeps me going...

Edited: 10 July 2013, 09:57
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

Oh, Harleynut - I don't know if you are a person who belives in the power of prayer, but I sure have seen the collective blessings and positive energy from members of this forum do a world of good. Please know that we are all sending you our very best thoughts for healing on a joyful Hawai'ian holiday.

Close your your eyes and breathe in the magic of Hawai'i that we all love. Can you feel it? I know I just felt a little bit of a smile brightening up the world from down under. I have so enjoyed your fun-loving spirit on these forums. Please don't let anyone take that away from you even for a little while.

Mauiluver - many blessings to you too. Don't you just love how supportive this forum is? May the 6 weeks speed by! Maybe you can work on perfecting a mai tai recipe after work every day!

Aloha

Teri

Edited: 10 July 2013, 13:40
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
470 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

On a daily basis. As Harley said, it's the carrot of Maui that keeps me going. Really.

This forum helps me get through lots of days. I also love to listen to KPOA when I can so I really feel like I'm there.

Hang in there. Soon you'll be on Maui and your worries will melt away.

california
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

Thanks everyone. I consider myself a very strong willed, hardshell individual. I can take a lot and brush it off. Some of my co-workers always tell me that I have good self control, but yesterday was a breaking point. I just couldn't take it anymore. The videos that I watched were the icing on the cake. I read a few post but the videos took me in. Thanks again. This forum truly truly helped.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
286 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

AWW! Hang in there your trip is almost here...

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tears Flowing :-(....

"Amazing how some things alter your capacity to suffer fools in your life."

Amen Harley. Fingers crossed that everything will be the best possible outcome for you. I like your style in dealing with people that take away from our lives. Deb